PDA

View Full Version : Do you continue to experiment with loads ?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

acemisser
10-21-2012, 03:17 PM
I guess it pays to practice on windy days..

had a fun time Scott did not shoot..???????????

helotaxi
10-21-2012, 03:54 PM
The only thing that really seems to really **** me off is when I want to do some accuracy testing the weather is absolutely terrible for days and days and I just look at the rounds I've created wondering how they'll do.
If that's what chaps your rear, you clearly haven't had a truly bad day at the range. Like a day where all those loads that you're itching to shoot end up patterning like a shotgun rather than grouping like a rifle.

kelbro
10-22-2012, 12:49 AM
This IS a Savage forum. When I find a great load, I buy a new barrel in a new caliber and start over :)

FUBAR
10-22-2012, 01:12 PM
If one loves shooting, barrels are almost always cheaper than bullets! Now I have some rifles that I would never shoot the barrel out of, but they are the exception...

With so many bullet/powder combos how can anyone stop?

However when I find a keeper, I always load up a mess of them for hunting, and for me it's more about the hunting--Although I sure like putting that bullet in a pigs ear at 400 yards!

acemisser
10-22-2012, 07:35 PM
However when I find a keeper, I always load up a mess of them for hunting, and for me it's more about the hunting--Although I sure like putting that bullet in a pigs ear at 400 yards!

thats **** good shootin I would say..

DanSavage
10-22-2012, 09:34 PM
That's a great score you posted over there John, I prolly won't be back till next spring, I've been tinkerimg with the 168SMK's again exploring over book max at 46.5 Vartget no pressure signs. Yeah wonder why Scott didn't shoot?

FUBAR
10-22-2012, 10:27 PM

thats **** good shootin I would say..

Well not always the case, but the rifle can do it no problem, and I get lucky occasionally....

acemisser
10-23-2012, 07:10 AM
That's a great score you posted over there John, I prolly won't be back till next spring, I've been tinkerimg with the 168SMK's again exploring over book max at 46.5 Vartget no pressure signs. Yeah wonder why Scott didn't shoot?

He was playing around with an old 303 British for some reason.Also he said he didn't have the money for powder or bullets...

small group of shooters anyway.......Well,I guess we will have to name you woodchuck then...see you in the spring......