PDA

View Full Version : Scope Recommendation-Axis .223

Pages : 1 [2]

n4ue
03-16-2013, 11:38 AM
One scope that REALLY impressed me was a Fujinon. My boss is not a 'gun guy', but he lets me buy stuff for him....that I recommend.
Two years ago, he bought a new Rock River AR. Since a lot of his buddies (who shoot his guns) are older as well, he thought about scoping it, after seeing my Colt HBAR. I got one of the last Fujinons that The Sportsmans Guide had. It's 3-10X50. I was so impressed, I ordered one for myself. Out of stock. DARN!
Doing some research, I found out Fujinon is a large Optical Company in Japan that makes lens' used in Color TV broadcast cameras, satellites, etc. The are no longer in the scope business, but if you ever see one, take a peek through it!!!!

ron

ODA 0121
03-16-2013, 12:47 PM
You can do more with a $100 rifle with a $1000 scope, then a $1000 rifle with a $100 scope.

Just a few words of advice from yer 'ol Uncle Frank...

So, so true.
When I, or someone else in my unit builds or is asked to help build (buy, build, whatever) a new stick the first thing we ask the person to do is to define the purpose, then pick and purchase a scope for it. Then and only then you can go out and buy or start building.

The sad thing I read all the time in forums is the type of statement..."What's the best scope for under $300. (or different low amounts) and /or I'm so thrilled I got my rifle now I need a scope and only have a couple hundred to spend."

If people would do it correctly their scopes would be at least 3 time what their rifle cost.