PDA

View Full Version : "Fist full of dollars" and 204r bbl length

Pages : 1 [2]

bootsmcguire
04-23-2013, 07:10 PM
No, currently the two barrels in AI that I own were not done by me. I actually picked them both up here in the classifieds. I have had others in the past that were ordered new as AI chambers. I am slowly saving up nickels and dimes and buying tooling pc. by pc. to be able to do it myself. I am a machinist by trade and have the skill to do the work, just not the equipment personally.

As for your pistols, if you want to part with them I would put them up in the classifeds here and either trade them to another member or sell them and use the funds to buy your self a Savage or two. A XP100 in 221FB would probably be a lot of fun. I may have to get around to getting one one of these days.

n4ue
04-23-2013, 07:27 PM
Boots, tnx for the reply. Actually, I have tried to sell both XPs. However, I'm just not interested in giving them away.... ha ha
My new M12 (204R) should arrive tomorrow, I've got a new scope, bases, bipod, brass, bullets, brass, etc, just awaitin'....
OK on being a Machinist. Although I'm educated (??) as an Electrical Engineer, I love to build stuff, both mechanical and electronic. I have build a lot of my reloading stuff. Neck turner, 'Stony Point' type guages, runout tools, etc. Before I retired from IBM, my office was next to our Model Shop. Row after row of Bridgeports, CNC, WaterJets, 3D machines, etc. You just can't imagine what they threw away every week as 'scrap'. I have a huge billet of Ti that they cut one small piece off of, to make a prototype part and because that didn't work out, they pitched it..... ah.....and they wonder why they were losing $......

ron