PDA

View Full Version : MRAD To MOA

Pages : 1 [2]

stangfish
09-15-2013, 11:17 PM
The more I read Yobucks opinions the more I like this guy. If it had not been for all the questions and debates on forums I would not learned many of the things I know today due to the large lurning curve of many interests. From building a computer to gardening. It's all good...I'm even learning to like Mil turrets.

scope eye
09-15-2013, 11:22 PM
Hey I'm learning to eat my vegetables, doesn't mean I have to like it LOL

Rasputin

stangfish
09-15-2013, 11:37 PM
Rasputin, Ithink If my scopes were FFP I would like Mil better. I am learning though like from 300 to 600 was up 10 MOA but now it is 2.9 or 3 mil. I was always very accurate with my adjustments before but now I always overshoot my zero and end up going back one or two depending on the range. Good luck Comrad, Вы право крылатых агрессоров.

chukarmandoo
09-16-2013, 01:19 AM
What I really hate is I use mil but everybody I shoot with want their corrections in moa. I getting to where I can convert pretty fast. When I shoot with the big dogs its all mil/mil and I like it that way.

yobuck
09-16-2013, 11:07 AM
not all that many years back these debates didnt happen. im talking roughly 25 years ago. reason being scopes with names
like nightforce were unheard of and others like leupold had no knobs to dial with. premier was in the buisness of repairing
and installing custom multi dot reticles in leupold scopes. that left the long range shooter/hunter with few choices if they wanted
to dial a scope. they were target scopes like unertle and bausch&lomb refitted with an aftermarket micrometor. since thats all there were
you learned to use them. distance between scope bases dictated how far the reticle moved with one click on the dial.
dialing is the single most thing that has revolutionized long range shooting. notice i said shooting not hunting.
the long range band wagon was very slow leaving the station. but now that its rolling lots of vendors want a seat.
the choices are coming at us faster than we can keep up. but are they better for getting a bullet from point a to point b?
all dialing is done thru the scope after the first shot regardless of system. for hunters working as a group its important to
be all on the same page.