PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Savage 93 22 mag magazine fit / function issues

Pages : 1 [2]

bflee
12-15-2013, 11:28 PM
westcliffe01:
You haven't seen my needle nose pliers!

billt
12-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Sadly finding good accuracy and function with mass marketed, cheap .22's, is getting to be like buying a winning Lotto ticket. Chances are slim to none. These guns are produced with the, "Sell 'em cheap, and stack 'em deep!", philosophy. It seems to be getting worse every year. Especially now with the demand for firearms in general increasing.

Even some of the higher grade, supposed "heirloom" .22's are being effected by this. Take a look at this video of the crappy workmanship on this Marlin Golden 39-A, as it looked straight from the box. That gun never should have left the factory in that condition. How hard is it to check for proper wood to metal fit in a rifle? They would rather spend the 2 minutes putting it in the box, and move on to the next one.

Fortunately I have enough .22's, and my Marlin 39-A was purchased 15 years ago, and is beautiful. But if I were going to buy a rimfire rifle today, I would go with a bolt action from CZ. Most every one that I've seen exhibits great workmanship and accuracy. They run a little more, but as a general rule they don't come with all the headaches attached. Guns are one of the last bastions of durable goods. It's a shame to see production of them descend to this level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi79kO51R4U

bflee
12-17-2013, 12:51 PM
I could not be happier with my model 93 22wmr. I can shoot under 1" at 100 consistently and it functions flawlessly after a little work. I would put it against any other 22 wmr out there and would have a lot more money for ammo left. I know all of them are not like that though. I just bought one for my father for Christmas for 250 dollars brand new. I hope his shoots as well as mine!

RP12
12-21-2013, 10:46 AM
My 93R 17 shoots tacks.... It is almost tax season. LOL! :tea:

owenp
01-02-2014, 11:19 PM
I love my 93 fvss but I wish it had the same trigger my b.mag has the 93's trigger is far too heavy.
With remington premier ammo it will hit a survey stake at 100 yards all day long, with winchester supreme I would be happy to hit a pop can consistently at that distance. I also have to mention that the winchester had many misfires the other brands had none.
My factory magazine rattles lots but works fine so far.

bflee
01-02-2014, 11:23 PM
I have misfires with Winchester also. It just doesn't work in a 93.

wtkshooter
01-03-2014, 08:12 AM
Remove the mag to bend guide and reinsert to check!
I forgot to say that.

What are you referring to when you say bend the "mag guide?" Is it the "L bar" or the "magazine retaining spring?"

bflee
01-03-2014, 08:44 AM
It is the magazine guide bar in front of the retaining clip. The piece that the magazine slides on into the well. A big pair of needle nose work great. Just pull it forward a little at the time checking with the mag until it doesn't wiggle any more.

wtkshooter
01-03-2014, 09:10 AM
Thank you.

bflee
01-03-2014, 09:28 AM
Let me know if that helps you. Thanks!

wtkshooter
01-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Let me know if that helps you. Thanks!

Thanks bflee ...... 2 small bends and all is well. No more rattle and feeds nice.