PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110 Clean Bore Shots

Pages : 1 [2]

Luke45
04-27-2014, 07:55 PM
and I believe that though this may be true, copper fouling will improve on it. There is no way I will ever be able to prove that point, because I will never be willing to subject myself to the effort and expense necessary to test it. Even if my test proved that the original CLEAN condition of a Savage factory barrel was just as accurate as it could be if allowed to foul with copper, it would be a condition I would never want to limit myself to operate under. Moreover, any attempt to test that theory with non-Savage, match-grade barrels is a test that is flawed from the inception.

i cant imagine cleaning my barrels after every shot, man that would be a drag!!! (even if it was more accurate, which in the majority of cases woundnt be true) id rather shoot, and shoot, and shoot, untill the accuracy falls off.

I think 110 has a very accurate rifle. nice 1/2" group, but i bet if he shot 5, 5 shots groups from a clean barrel, and 5, 5 shots groups from his dirty barrel the dirty groups have a better chance of being tighter- Assuming he doenst flinch on purpose ;)

foxx
04-27-2014, 07:57 PM
I think 110 has a very accurate rifle. nice 1/2" group, but i bet if he shot 5, 5 shots groups from a clean barrel, and 5, 5 shots groups from his dirty barrel the dirty groups have a better chance of being tighter- Assuming he doenst flinch on purpose ;)

Whp's picking fights now? LOL

emtrescue6
04-27-2014, 08:12 PM
An additional note; the shots hit 1.5" higher and .75" right of the fouled bore shots... although, I will never let the rifle return to the former level of fouling, so the new fouled bore POI has yet to be determined.

I somehow missed this little gem....which pretty much proves what Foxx and I were saying. The "clean" shots were 1.5" high and .75" to the right of where the fouled shots and POA were?....accuracy is generally described as being the shots that have the POI (point of impact) closest to the Point of Aim....in this test, is that not the fouled shots? They may not be the tightest/smallest groups, but they are the most accurate...ya know, the shots that will actually kill an animal in the woods....

Luke45
04-27-2014, 08:14 PM
Whp's picking fights now? LOL
LOL not tryin to pick a fight! Promise!