PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried the new nightforce scope?

Pages : 1 [2]

geargrinder
01-19-2015, 10:50 PM
If your intent is long range, don't forget to keep track of the available elevation adjustment. There's a give and take, usually when the magnification increases, there is a loss in internal adjustment. There's only so much room inside a scope tube.

I was shooting my 7mmRM out to a mile this weekend. I needed the adjustment much more than I needed additional magnification.

upSLIDEdown
01-20-2015, 03:44 AM
Exactly. There's a mile plate at one of the places I shoot regularly. It's 30"x30". I can see /bisect it just fine with a 16x scope.

achilles
01-20-2015, 03:10 PM
If your intent is long range, don't forget to keep track of the available elevation adjustment. There's a give and take, usually when the magnification increases, there is a loss in internal adjustment. There's only so much room inside a scope tube.

I was shooting my 7mmRM out to a mile this weekend. I needed the adjustment much more than I needed additional magnification.

I see thank you

achilles
01-20-2015, 03:10 PM
Exactly. There's a mile plate at one of the places I shoot regularly. It's 30"x30". I can see /bisect it just fine with a 16x scope.

Now when you say you can see it, ar you saying you see a black/white or whatever color the plate is a spec, and you guessing on the placement or can you see the retical marks and put the bullet within inches of intended mark...?

eyeman
01-24-2015, 10:26 PM
I have both the HSV and the comp that goes to 55x. In the summer the mirage can get pretty bad at 55x. But it's a very good scope. I have the HSV on a hunting rifle as the reticle is in moa's. Both are great and I will get another