PDA

View Full Version : Lee Collet Die "cool" Factor

Pages : 1 [2]

eddiesindian
02-13-2015, 09:54 PM
im ok with outshooting someone with a 5000$ custom rifle with a savage i built for less than 1000$ using Lee dies ;) thats cool to me
Lolo,so am i...lolo......just love it when I get preached on for using Lee products and end up out shooting the preacher......then about a year later ppreacher wants to to know what settings I have my Lee dies at LMAO,
I

Robinhood
02-14-2015, 12:51 AM
Lolo,so am i...lolo......just love it when I get preached on for using Lee products and end up out shooting the preacher......then about a year later ppreacher wants to to know what settings I have my Lee dies at LMAO,
I

Don't you use a scope that gets the optics snobs all riled up too. Your just a Rebel Rouser. Hehe

LongRange
02-14-2015, 06:26 PM
question: with neck sizing, i usually get loose primer pockets before i need to anneal, so i have pretty much ignored annealing. so your saying you get more uniform neck tension by anealing? or are there other benefits to?

yes more uniform tension...also like some said if your getting loose pockets after 8-10 loads you are either to hot,using once fired factory brass or cheap brass.
what cal are you shooting? and fed primers are the tightest fitting primers made...ive seated CCIs,winchester,REMs,and wolf in new lapua brass and they seated pretty smooth...feds are TIGHT...i hold the cases away from my face as they make me a little nervous.

I usually load 4-5 Times, then run through body die then go aniter 4-5 times then loose pockets. Nosler and win brass mostly

this makes me wonder about your loads...see my thread about nosler brass...in my 300wm ive shot 210smks at 3075FPS and never had an issue with nosler brass. ive also shot 140g hornadys and 142g smks over 3000FPS in my 260rem and got 6 loads on 15pcs before pockets opened up but they are still usable. also in both riffles i can only shoot 2 to 3 times before before rounds are HARD to chamber...i run my cases through a body die every time to keep things consistant. once fired in my new 260 barrel is 1.623 measured off the shoulder...i bump the shoulder back 0.000.5 to 0.001. the more consistent you keep things the better your groups will be and this is where annealing comes into play.

GaCop
02-16-2015, 11:53 AM
Yeah, same here. I stopped being cool about 20 years ago. It was getting too expensive.
Now I'm totally completely & thoroughly uncool. I use my NS collets on a regular basis.
How uncool is that?... Its not uncool...........it's COOL.

tufrthnails
02-16-2015, 11:55 AM
I thought I was the cool guy when I found the Lee collet dies. Thanks for bursting my bubble!