PDA

View Full Version : Dust on bullets

Pages : 1 [2]

Luke45
04-06-2015, 12:05 PM
care to elaborate luke?

basically you worry to much about every detail LOL ;) the vast majority of your accuracy will come from seating depth, powder weight and neck tension and brass consistency. things like dusty bullets basically do not matter unless your gun is shooting 5 shots in 1/10 of an inch every single time.

huntin1
04-06-2015, 12:47 PM
Hi, my name is Bob, and I clean my bullets. :)

I clean the bullet with acetone before I moly coat it. And I wipe my ammo with a dry rag before I go shooting. Don't think it makes much difference in accuracy or otherwise, I just like clean stuff. My wife says I'm anal.

Huntin1

scope eye
04-06-2015, 01:06 PM
I have been following this thread since the beginning, and all I can say is, have you ever seen what a bullet looks like after it has gone though the rifling. I don't think any dust particles are going to have any effect on anything.

Dean

LongRange
04-07-2015, 03:47 PM
basically you worry to much about every detail LOL ;) the vast majority of your accuracy will come from seating depth, powder weight and neck tension and brass consistency. things like dusty bullets basically do not matter unless your gun is shooting 5 shots in 1/10 of an inch every single time.

I'm a perfectionist lol....and the riffle is capable...the shooter is the problem...

Luke45
04-07-2015, 05:44 PM
I'm a perfectionist lol....and the riffle is capable...the shooter is the problem...

then stop taking 10 minutes to reload each bullet and get out there and practice ;)

LongRange
04-08-2015, 08:56 AM
then stop taking 10 minutes to reload each bullet and get out there and practice ;)

close to 5k rounds last year ;) I'm really not as bad as I make myself out to be behind the trigger....I ranked 9th last year out of 54 shooters at our matches. The first match this year I shot a 24 with a crappy load...I'm expecting to shoot a better score this weekend.

As far as loading goes your right I'm pretty anal about things but IMHO consistency is a key factor in accuracy.

As far as this thread goes...i was kind of at a loss as to the groups shooting a ragged hole then a few hours latter 3-4" groups so I was looking at every possibility....a few say it's the shooter but I'll be straight and say no it's not the shooter.....I've figured out the problem and have a load now that produces bug holes at 200yds,has a consistent ES from 7-11fps and dopes to 650yds are consistent from 40* to 80* when I get a chance I'll stretch it out and see how it groups.