PDA

View Full Version : 100 Yards from Muzzle or the Scope?

Pages : 1 [2]

Palmetto-Pride
04-12-2015, 08:59 PM
If you really want to test your dope; you should try the Hornady ballistics calculator

One should also not that with any ballistics calculator its garbage in = garbage out the more accurate input data you put into it the more accurate the firing solution will be. I use an app on my iphone called MIL-Dot Ballistics its pretty darn close I was shooting out to 600yds this weekend and it was almost dead on, but only because I input all the data to a tee.

yobuck
04-14-2015, 09:11 AM
One should also not that with any ballistics calculator its garbage in = garbage out the more accurate input data you put into it the more accurate the firing solution will be. I use an app on my iphone called MIL-Dot Ballistics its pretty darn close I was shooting out to 600yds this weekend and it was almost dead on, but only because I input all the data to a tee.

I wouldnt argue with this logic except to say the more accurate it (should be) as opposed to (it will be)
Also 600 yds really isnt much of a test. Try it at 1200 and see what happens.

GaCop
04-15-2015, 07:34 AM
+1. +2!

basshawg42
04-21-2015, 09:38 AM
measure halfway between your scope and the muzzle will get you closet. http://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/09/19/tactical-scopes-field-test-results-summary/ make sure rifle is perfectly vertical and horizontal.