PDA

View Full Version : Range Results with E.R. Shaw Barrel

Pages : 1 [2]

GaCop
08-01-2015, 07:38 AM
Might try sorting that brass by case volume. While Lake City NM brass is top notch stuff they do vary considerably from year to year because different manufacturers get the contract to produce that brass at the lake city plant from year to year. 48-49gr of IMR 4064 and a 168 Berger or Sierra Match king have always shot really well for me out of an 06 Right, I separate the year stamps into groups and uniform the primer pockets and make sure there's no burrs around the flash hole. I don't like the standard RCBS full length sizing die I have, it sizes the necks too much and the expander button doesn't seem to open the necks back to a point where its easy to seat the bullets so I've ordered a Lee collet die and a Redding shoulder bump die. My bullet seating dies is an RCBS competition die.

yobuck
08-01-2015, 08:09 AM
Try seperating them according to where the shots land also.
Meaning if you have 3 good ones and the 4th lands somewhere else, seperate it out.
Eventually the only thing left to seperate out is you lol.

GaCop
08-02-2015, 03:12 PM
Try seperating them according to where the shots land also.
Meaning if you have 3 good ones and the 4th lands somewhere else, seperate it out.
Eventually the only thing left to seperate out is you lol.
:p;) That would surely improve my groups!

GaCop
08-06-2015, 07:38 AM
Finally sprung for a Rifle Basix-1 Trigger to replace the gawd awful factory one. Groups should improve getting rid of a trigger that was breaking (after a bit if grittiness) at 5 lbs 4 oz.

GaCop
08-19-2015, 08:11 AM
I have the Rifle Basix trigger breaking at 1.14 lbs (average of 5 trigger pulls), about as low as it will go w/o causing problems cocking when closing the bolt.