PDA

View Full Version : Berger

Pages : 1 [2]

upSLIDEdown
09-27-2015, 12:59 AM
berger VLDs ARE secant ogive bullets.....

Not sure if you were directing that at my post, but yes, I know that. I should have quoted who I was talking to, but failed to do so. Whoever it was on the first page that said 'Bergers' like to be in the lands. Just pointing out that not all Bergers are the same.

upSLIDEdown
09-27-2015, 01:00 AM
Oh come on Eddie thats no fun lol.

Hahaha, right?! Do sumpin' crazy!

LongRange
09-27-2015, 08:29 AM
Not sure if you were directing that at my post, but yes, I know that. I should have quoted who I was talking to, but failed to do so. Whoever it was on the first page that said 'Bergers' like to be in the lands. Just pointing out that not all Bergers are the same.

my bad...I thought you were saying the vlds were tanget...as far as bullets being in the lands or jumped it all depends on the barrel...ive had 3 barrels that would shoot best with bullets touching or slightly jammed...the barrel I'm shooting now like a big jump...I have a barlein being chambered right now and plan to shoot the 140g berger VLDs ill start a tread when I get that rifle up and running...im hopping next week but most likely the week after next.

Hahaha, right?! Do sumpin' crazy!

see this is my biggest problem...once something works I want to start playing with it to see if I can make it work better when I should be out working on shooting better.

243LPR
09-27-2015, 09:18 AM
Every time I get a new box of Bergers I have to start all over again with my COAL.

LongRange
09-27-2015, 09:29 AM
Every time I get a new box of Bergers I have to start all over again with my COAL.

this is pretty normal from lot to lot...I just opened a new 500 box of 142g SMKs and they are .005 shorter then the box prior....I just moved them .005 closer to the lands and they shoot the same.

upSLIDEdown
09-27-2015, 11:12 AM
my bad...I thought you were saying the vlds were tanget...as far as bullets being in the lands or jumped it all depends on the barrel...ive had 3 barrels that would shoot best with bullets touching or slightly jammed...the barrel I'm shooting now like a big jump...I have a barlein being chambered right now and plan to shoot the 140g berger VLDs ill start a tread when I get that rifle up and running...im hopping next week but most likely the week after next.

see this is my biggest problem...once something works I want to start playing with it to see if I can make it work better when I should be out working on shooting better.

No worries. Yeah, I've heard people say before that they could jump a VLD in their barrel and it shot well, but it's few and far between.

And yeah, I don't have that problem. lol I've got a slow load for my Creedmoor that works well, and is easy on brass, so I just left it the way it was. It's only pushing a 140 hybrid about 2700fps, but it'll shoot quarter minute if I do my part, and I've been as far as 1570 yards with it. I've often thought of trying to find that next node to get some more velocity, but I'm on my 6th firing on this Hornady brass and all is well, so I'm just gonna keep it where it is. Shoots too good not to.

LongRange
09-27-2015, 11:39 AM
ive done enough testing and tweaking especially with the 260...I now know what works and what don't...I will only shoot 2 powders 2 primers and 3 bullets in the re-modeled 260 but I'm pretty sure that the first combo I plan to shoot will be the ticket...now if I can get the smith to get it done this week.

eddiesindian
09-28-2015, 12:22 AM
It never ends guys....................never.
We,ll if I get this.......I can do that, then you find out that yes,it does do that, but you need this to do it better. Then you find yourself bored because it's doing this and that and wanna get another thing to restart the this and that..............make sense?....lolol

missed
09-28-2015, 06:43 PM
I'm jumping the 80 grain 0.224" hybrids 0.123". I don't know.... They like it there that's all I know.

eddiesindian
09-29-2015, 12:24 AM
No worries. Yeah, I've heard people say before that they could jump a VLD in their barrel and it shot well, but it's few and far between.

And yeah, I don't have that problem. lol I've got a slow load for my Creedmoor that works well, and is easy on brass, so I just left it the way it was. It's only pushing a 140 hybrid about 2700fps, but it'll shoot quarter minute if I do my part, and I've been as far as 1570 yards with it. I've often thought of trying to find that next node to get some more velocity, but I'm on my 6th firing on this Hornady brass and all is well, so I'm just gonna keep it where it is. Shoots too good not to.

Curious. What's your dial up for your 1570yd hits and your altitude?

upSLIDEdown
09-29-2015, 01:03 AM
I'll be honest with you, I don't remember, and I don't think I recorded it. My altitude is around 850ft, but I use DA in my ballistic app (Shooter), because it's just easier to use one number. The last match I shot I think the DA was around 2200, so plugging that in at 1570, gives my 19.3mils. Not sure how accurate that is as far as actual DOPE, since I don't have any, but it'll give you an idea anyway.

eddiesindian
09-29-2015, 10:10 PM
I'll be honest with you, I don't remember, and I don't think I recorded it. My altitude is around 850ft, but I use DA in my ballistic app (Shooter), because it's just easier to use one number. The last match I shot I think the DA was around 2200, so plugging that in at 1570, gives my 19.3mils. Not sure how accurate that is as far as actual DOPE, since I don't have any, but it'll give you an idea anyway.

roger that