PDA

View Full Version : Scope decision...

Pages : 1 [2]

big honkin jeep
02-11-2016, 12:50 AM
Do you have trouble seeing the reticle in low light?
Really low light past legal shooting hours here is when I start having trouble with the reticle. It took me a while to realize that by the time I have trouble with the reticle that I am way outside legal hours in Georgia. 1/2 hour before official sunrise -1/2 hour after official sunset is legal. I'm usually in well before and after to try and conceal my presence from the deer. The light transmission is so good on the lenses that you're gonna lose one or the other eventually. Seems the reticle gets lost in the background eventually but hey we're not talking about night vision optics here, were talking about a great scope at a reasonable price.

barrel-nut
02-11-2016, 10:51 AM
Really low light past legal shooting hours here is when I start having trouble with the reticle. It took me a while to realize that by the time I have trouble with the reticle that I am way outside legal hours in Georgia. 1/2 hour before official sunrise -1/2 hour after official sunset is legal. I'm usually in well before and after to try and conceal my presence from the deer. The light transmission is so good on the lenses that you're gonna lose one or the other eventually. Seems the reticle gets lost in the background eventually but hey we're not talking about night vision optics here, were talking about a great scope at a reasonable price.

^ This is where the illuminated dot on the crosshairs of the Weaver really comes in handy.

godale
02-13-2016, 01:53 PM
i am big on bushnell not really the banners but their 3200 elites and legend ultras are nice....

colesce
02-15-2016, 08:21 PM
I ended up with the Bushnell Elite 4200. I tried a bunch in low light. It only costed me $200 too so that was a bonus. Thanks for everyones input.

03mossy
02-15-2016, 10:00 PM
I ended up with the Bushnell Elite 4200. I tried a bunch in low light.

What did you think of it in the low light?

godale
02-16-2016, 06:45 AM
i just put a bushnell legend ultra 4.5x14x44 on my savage axis hb. havent shot it yet but i played with the scope trough some empty lots and it looks good.i have a couple 3200s after they were disc there hadnt been anything in that price range until now.