PDA

View Full Version : first match of the year...

Pages : 1 [2]

LongRange
06-17-2016, 04:46 PM
Shooting cast bullets. One ammo said wheel weights so I figured he cast his own.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

gotcha...i wouldnt be surprised ive seen some funny things at our matches LOL.

schnyd112
06-18-2016, 02:31 AM
I am pretty sure the "wheel weights" is tongue in cheek. Not saying it can't happen, but I have definitely not seen anyone shooting cast bullets out there.

LongRange
06-19-2016, 06:09 PM
Well I had an extractor failure yesterday on my first string of the second stage and got so frustrated I dropped out. Also had a bad spotter costing me 2 points in my first stage and all together this cost me a second or third placing at this match.

i think the extactor failure started on the last part of my first stage because I had a case drop back in the action and cost me a shot. I thought it was feed issues at first as I have an AICS mag that no matter what I do to it it will not feed reliably or smooth.
my accurate mag and 2 alpha 2s feed so smooth I'm always think did it not pick up a round.

after shooting a couple of these faster paced matches I've got a whole new respect for these guys that shoot these types of matches all the time...when things start going bad it just continues down hill...had I not lost my composure I could of replaced the extractor and finished the match but I'm not gonna lie I was frustrated...my last shot on my second stage I cycled the bolt and it dropped the case in the action and I jammed the next round it so hard it pushed the bullet on the loaded round into the case to where there was only about a 1/4" of the tip sticking out of the neck LOL!!

looking back on yesterday my first mistake was letting the clock get to me right off and the two bad calls...second was letting a small quick fix issue cause me to drop because I was to frustrated to look and see what was going on.

this was the worst day shooting I've ever had but I learned a lot from it...next Friday and Saturday well be my first PRS type match so I'm looking for redemption but I'm out of Remington extractors lol.

Anschutz
06-19-2016, 11:08 PM
Well I had an extractor failure yesterday on my first string of the second stage and got so frustrated I dropped out. Also had a bad spotter costing me 2 points in my first stage and all together this cost me a second or third placing at this match.

i think the extactor failure started on the last part of my first stage because I had a case drop back in the action and cost me a shot. I thought it was feed issues at first as I have an AICS mag that no matter what I do to it it will not feed reliably or smooth.
my accurate mag and 2 alpha 2s feed so smooth I'm always think did it not pick up a round.

after shooting a couple of these faster paced matches I've got a whole new respect for these guys that shoot these types of matches all the time...when things start going bad it just continues down hill...had I not lost my composure I could of replaced the extractor and finished the match but I'm not gonna lie I was frustrated...my last shot on my second stage I cycled the bolt and it dropped the case in the action and I jammed the next round it so hard it pushed the bullet on the loaded round into the case to where there was only about a 1/4" of the tip sticking out of the neck LOL!!

looking back on yesterday my first mistake was letting the clock get to me right off and the two bad calls...second was letting a small quick fix issue cause me to drop because I was to frustrated to look and see what was going on.

this was the worst day shooting I've ever had but I learned a lot from it...next Friday and Saturday well be my first PRS type match so I'm looking for redemption but I'm out of Remington extractors lol.
Sounds like a bad day. I have a buddy I shot with at school whose airgun cylinder messed up and our coach told him to use another gun which ended up grouping like a shotgun. Cost him All American that year.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

upSLIDEdown
06-20-2016, 01:53 AM
If you haven't gotten it yet, prepare for an ear full from Phil about extraction... lolol

It really sucks to have a day like that though man. Sorry to hear it. The clock, a failure like that, those are the moments that can make or break you in a match. You have to learn to live with a screw up, whether it be equipment malfunction, or shooter error. You have to let it go. That stage is gone. Those bullets are sent. Next stage is a brand new stage. I know it's easier said than done, but it's coming from someone who's struggled a lot with letting a bad stage go. I'm getting better at it though. :)

LongRange
06-20-2016, 09:22 AM
its a metal game for sure...like i say it started with the clock and the 2 bad calls...i had a hit at 200 and a hit at 300 that were called misses then the extraction issue started and thats when it all fell apart...bad part is i only shoot this match for practice so i didnt really care where i placed as its geared more towards gas guns with the times.

i think another big part of it was ive had a lot of issues with this build and going into this match i had full confidence everything was going to run smooth and when it didnt it just set me off so i figured its better to drop than to continue...and trust me ive already heard it from Phil,it was short and to the point LOL!!

i ran 60 rounds yesterday and everything went very well,though ive still got a lot of work to do on positional its coming together...ill see how things go this friday and saturday.