PDA

View Full Version : recommendations for scope under $1100 for 12lrp 6.5 creedmoor

Pages : 1 [2]

earl39
04-02-2016, 11:23 PM
It means if you can't do math you must be a product of the new way they teach it.

lp04
04-05-2016, 11:35 PM
Well i went with the vortex hs-t. It should serve me well and if i decide to upgrade later on then i have other rifles the vortex could go on.

lp04
04-05-2016, 11:43 PM
I also ordered a talley 20 moa base and vortex bubbld level

XL105
04-06-2016, 09:38 AM

yobuck
04-06-2016, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=cowtownup;361081]Well, if you had your optic set at the proper zoom level which made the hash marks of the recticle true (SFP) or if you had a (FFP) optic, you could simply hold back on bull and measure with the recticle to the POI.. Then you could either adjust your scope accordingly or simply hold off.. All of this providing you have perfect ammo and the wind condition remained the same...

If the recticle was a mil dot with moa knobs, you would just pack up your **** and head home.. LOL...
Does that make any sence?

Well to me it dosent, because for me in view of why I do this, (hunting) it might mean wait till next year.
Besides, when I learned to shoot there weren't any scope choices like we have today. So you had to find
ways to hit things with what was available which wasent much, but frankly it isn't very hard.
As for the question, id advise trying what ive said. It need not be at 1000 yds but the farther the better.
Imagine if you can, that when you shoot at the target, a small black speck appears in your scope exactly
where the bullet impacted the target, and the speck stays there until you fire the next shot when it moves
to align itself with where that shot hit.
What would happen is, if you were to transfer the black speck in the scope from the first shot, to the orange aiming point on the plywood, you would hit it with your second shot. No dialing involved, just hold and shoot.
So if you have a milldot type reticle or not, or wether it matches the turrets or not, it can be used in this manner for second round hits.
Now if your attempting to move a bullet 6" on a target, then certainly a matching scope would be a benefit.
Also while your experimenting with the plywood target or any target, try this dialing method.
Shoot your first shot at the target. Then realign the reticle on the original aiming point, and without allowing the gun to move, dial the scope so that the reticle is aligned with the first shot hit on the target.
Shoot again, and assuming you didn't move the gun or dial incorrectly, your second shot will be where you want it to be.
FFP, 2nd ffp, mill/mill, yadda yadda or whatever, it really dosent matter much for the most part except to our individual opinions, some of which were gathered by simply reading what others think.

cowtownup
04-06-2016, 06:51 PM
I'm picking up what your putting down yobuck.. Regardless of how you get there, the object it to put hole in paper...

Turbolung
04-18-2016, 09:14 PM
That's usually my budget for a scope ol buddy..I can tell you for sure the leatherwood sold by Sportsman Guide loses to the center point 4-16 that Walmart sells anyday. I just replace d it today in fact because the leatherwood is horrible about gray spots and I had no idea how much clearer the CP is..plus..I use the CP on a springer air rifle and its the only one I have tried that will hold up to the reverse recoil of a springer.

Turbolung
04-18-2016, 09:16 PM
Oops..sorry..I thought your post said $100 dollars..sorry

Ranger3
05-02-2016, 07:13 PM
I love the Sightron S3's and The Vortex Viper PST 6x24's, Mine are all SFP and for most of my shooting, the FFP reticle gets to be too large.

Bill C
05-09-2016, 04:19 PM
The most important thing to remember is that glass quality always trumps magnification.

If you can afford a nightforce that makes this a simple choice. There are very durable scopes out there for under 1K if you want to save some $$$ for projectiles and powder.

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

tbk5
05-09-2016, 07:29 PM
I purchased my SIIIs from Liberty Optics. Although a little slower, you get a discount if you pay by check or money order. Here is the list is SIIIs they carry: http://llibertyoptics.com/contents/en-us/d86.html

[edit] Oops--missed that you already bought one.

DenverDave
07-12-2016, 04:13 AM
See if you can find a Burris XTR II in 4-20 or 5-25. I have the 4-20 great scope. Far superior to the vortex pst I replaced. I traded my PST into SWFA and got the XTR II off the sample list.... Ended up costing me a SFP 6-24 PST in a Bobro mount +$80 or something like that. It was a great deal IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DenverDave
07-12-2016, 04:21 AM
Here is a thought.... http://swfa.com/Burris-4-20x50-XTR-II-34mm-Rifle-Scope-P79829.aspx

+1 on this. I would also check out Bushnell Elite Tacticals.

First place I would look is SWFA sample list. My scope (XTR II 4-20) was like new, in the box. Could of passed as straight from the factory. I did a trade in but I think the price was $880.

Re Nigjtforce, most are SFP. I prefer FFP so the only scope I would check out if there's is the SHV F1 which is a 4-14. Have a look on Amazon, I have seen they for around 1k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk