PDA

View Full Version : My First attempt at Fclass

Pages : 1 [2]

scope eye
06-20-2016, 01:47 AM
I got the 99% with 1" barrel opening, and still had to do work to it, "in both area's"

Dean

Vanilla Gorilla
06-21-2016, 03:20 AM
Thanks Dean.

Texas10
06-22-2016, 12:06 AM
With Richards, you order and then wait, and wait, and wait some more. And when if finally arrives, you get to sand, and sand, and sand, and sand..... They say Richards are shaped with a chain saw, and "they" would be not far off on that statement. Lots of rasp marks on mine with deep scratches.

I sanded by hand for about an hour, saw how little progress I'd made, then gave up and bought a Makita palm sander. SO much better, especially with rubber backed sand paper sold at H.Depo. Doesn't slide around on the sander, so no wasted effort. Total sanding time about 12 hours. THAT WOOD IS HARD!

I'm still fitting it to me, shooting, fitting, shooting. Once I have it where I like it, I'll spray on 6-8 coats of Captains Varnish and buff'r out. For now, it's wearing one coat of Bullseye sanding sealer, the kind with no wax that can impede bonding of additional coats.

Vanilla Gorilla
06-22-2016, 03:39 AM
WOW! From the pics on the website I was under the impression that the stocks would require very little sanding and the sanding that would be required would be on the receiver portion of the stock.

cowtownup
06-22-2016, 12:02 PM
Have you shot your first match yet? How did it go?

boltman13
08-08-2016, 08:10 PM
After you replace the filler in your rest with sand cobble together a box to hold the front one upright with a wider base so you don't have to worry about it moving around on you. Then get a Bald Eagle rest as soon as you can afford one and add a Shade Tree top to it when you can. You will not believe how much better and easier you shoot. Your 260AI should really make you competitive at 1K when you get there. Best of luck.