PDA

View Full Version : X Caliber

Pages : 1 [2]

DanSavage
07-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Bahh, you just file down the burr on the quarter and fill with J-B weld,, still could use it at a gas station. lol

RC20
07-10-2016, 09:46 PM
What I have found is for some reason with the original Savage barrel, I got lined in real good then lost it.

It may be that I was on a ragged edge and it only took tempura change to shift it off.

As of now, the X-Caliber is shooting neck and neck with the original Savage.

As I get rounds nailed down (charge and COAL) they both respond if I am doing it right. COAL for the Savage OEM barrel is shorter than the X-Caliber.

Got some down to 3/8, both barrels.

That says something for Savage OEM and the X-Caliber is equal for sure and if not better that is me. Once you are at 3/8 it takes a lot to get tighter, scope is limiting the X-Caliber right now, I may switch but will see.

In the meantime technique continues to get refined, both guns are in a Thumbhole now so there is consistent stock that takes the shift to a totally different stock out of the issue.

It would be fun to get to .250 consistently, goal is sub 5/8 and enjoy whatever comes out below that.

LoneWolf
08-19-2016, 12:13 PM
I could almost pick anyone of these loads to run competitively, but I think I'm going with 42grs.

This is my 243win 8 twist XCaliber with the new 115gr DTAC RBT. Looking forward to getting this bullet into a match next month.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160819/87d360f580579a591d226dcb98d45515.jpg

"The strength of the wolf is the pack, but the strength pack is the wolf"

Proudly sponsored by Apache Gun Works

rjtfroggy
08-19-2016, 01:03 PM
Nice groups Lonewolf.
Take a look at some of my X Caliber 6mm br groups posted in the thread on Axis accuracy.
Jim does some awful nice work on these barrels and with a little work one can sure make them shoot good.

LoneWolf
08-19-2016, 01:06 PM
Thanks Froggy, I actually had fun shooting groups today. I only loaded 25rds and shot these groups from a cold bore, so that's consistency for you. Flyer on the 42grs group was the last shot of the day. Started getting excited and jammed it I guess. Oh well, in certainly happy with it.

LoneWolf
08-20-2016, 03:57 PM
Here's my chrono readings on the 42grs load from today. A little seating depth adjustment tightened things right up!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160820/ade6caee61372ac3598c8c6880986bb9.jpg