PDA

View Full Version : Im losing sleep because of this!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

mbohuntr
04-22-2017, 07:59 PM
Copper was my issue as well... couldn't get anything to group. Since I bought it used, I gave it a good bore scrubbing, and started getting good groups right away.

Deadshot2
04-23-2017, 03:45 PM
Copper was my issue as well... couldn't get anything to group. Since I bought it used, I gave it a good bore scrubbing, and started getting good groups right away.

When Lyman started finally shipping their Borecam I bought one. That has done two things for me. First I notice more copper fouling and hard carbon buildup near the throat than I ever did. Second, I now spend more time in cleaning due to being able to see what I couldn't see before.

A nice tool and at under $300 it's a lot more affordable to shooters than the Hawkeye. Also records "snapshots" of the view inside with a scale on the "wand" so you can go back to the same place later on to see if any flaw you might have noticed before has changed.

I just use a 5-V battery pack to run mine at the range. Same one I use to charge my phone when away from an outlet for any amount of time.

deaddeerwalking
04-23-2017, 04:42 PM
Sounds like time to clen your rifle

RC20
04-25-2017, 12:53 PM
While it could be any of those, this is well worth reading completely though it takes a bit of time

http://optimalchargeweight.embarqspace.com/#/ocw-instructions/4529817134

I too have been there and had that sudden shift and nothing had changed (all other suspects check and found to be innocent of that crime)

schnyd112
04-25-2017, 02:02 PM
How many rounds? You may need to chase the lands. i was lengthening every other month when my swift started to go. Started losing accuracy at about 2,000 rounds, chased my tail, then decided to lengthen the load. Like magic I got back to .5-.7 MOA. By the end, at nearly 3000 rounds, I just couldn't chase any further without the bullet falling out of the case.

Zero333
04-26-2017, 05:30 PM
What brass make are you using ?

How many times has the brass been reloaded when it was shooting good ?

Did you change lot # of the bullet ?

Did you change lot # of the powder ?

Can you swap scopes to a known good scope to verify the current scope is not the problem ?

Those are just a few things to look into.

I had the same thing happen some years ago with a 308win load. Ended up being that I over-annealed the Lapua brass ! :frusty: