PDA

View Full Version : Possible new budget chassis offering - Oryx from MDT

Pages : 1 [2]

GLCMRanger
12-24-2018, 02:00 PM
Looks like there is a new chassis in my future!

celltech
01-09-2019, 06:37 PM
Just put in my order...we shall see what it does for my .243

Savage170
01-11-2019, 10:40 PM
I'm excited, I would have never guessed Tikka before Savage, my assumption was the Savage was more popular.

MDTcorp
01-12-2019, 02:06 PM
I'm excited, I would have never guessed Tikka before Savage, my assumption was the Savage was more popular.
It's not about what is more popular. It is just that one of the international distributors ordered Tikka, in a country where they barely sell Savage. So it just ended up this way in the production schedule

NeverSkurred
02-01-2019, 04:08 PM
I recently sent an email to the MDT staff about the compatibility of this Oryx chassis with the Axis II, specifically in 6.5 creedmoor. I was told they didn't have a chassis compatible now but maybe later in the year they would. If the only difference in the Axis and Axis II is the trigger I can't figure out why the Axis II isn't compatible, unless I'm mistaken about the differences which is likely.

J.Baker
02-02-2019, 08:50 AM
If the only difference in the Axis and Axis II is the trigger I can't figure out why the Axis II isn't compatible, unless I'm mistaken about the differences which is likely.

IIRC the AccuTrigger uses a different trigger bracket that requires a bit more space room in the stock, thus a difference in inlet. Been awhile since I messed with an Axis and we pathetic lefties don't get Axis II's with the AccuTrigger, so that's about as much help as I'm going to be. lol

6mmBR_Shooter
02-02-2019, 10:19 AM
IIRC the AccuTrigger uses a different trigger bracket that requires a bit more space room in the stock, thus a difference in inlet. Been awhile since I messed with an Axis and we pathetic lefties don't get Axis II's with the AccuTrigger, so that's about as much help as I'm going to be. lol

I can't speak to the Axis/Axis II specifically, I can with regard to the LSS/Stealth chassis and the 110. The Stealth/LSS chassis requires a very slight bit of clearancing when used with the older flat-back, non accutrigger rifles. The upper part of the trigger curve contacts the very front of the chassis hole where the trigger comes down through.

That may be similar to the issue between axis and axis 2. Wish I still had an LSS/Stealth to show a picture of the contact, but I'm currently running a Drake LWSS with a non-accutrigger flat-back and it doesn't have that issue.