PDA

View Full Version : Nikon FX1000 4-16x50 Fx-MOA

Pages : 1 [2]

Sled
04-10-2019, 08:13 AM
Glad they seem to have taken care of you. I went ahead and went with that Gen 2 PST after reading your message...

SageRat Shooter
04-10-2019, 09:58 AM
Glad they seem to have taken care of you. I went ahead and went with that Gen 2 PST after reading your message...

Sled,

I should have done the same I think... Seems to me they are the same scope basically, but Vortex seems to have sorted their QC a bit better. It was a toss up for me n which one was going to be the winner... Hell, even the Athlon would have been a better option most likely... I should have just ponied up another couple hundred and got another Sightron SIII. Live and learn as they say.

Got into a trashing session with one of their reps yesterday after he read one of my posts on Youtube. The dude tried telling me that the FX1000 was a "Phenomenal" scope and wanted to assist me with the return of the scope for repair. Told him that I had already done that and had received it back. I told him that I trusted the tracking on my $300 Redfield battle zone more than I trusted the tracking on Nikon's $695.00 FX1000.

Dude glossed right over that statement and again tried saying that it was the perfect scope and setup for the price range. SMH!!! I'm glad that I could help someone else avoid making the same mistake I did.

Hope that PST is tracking D.B.O.A. for you.... :thumb:

efm77
04-18-2019, 04:14 PM
If you want some really good pricing on Sightrons check out manventureoutpost. The 6-24 SIII can be had for about $717 in SFP. Now the FFP model is about $840. But to my knowledge that's still $100-$200 less than most other places sell them for.

obssd1958
04-18-2019, 05:35 PM
I was considering the FX1000 also, but this is the second thread I've come across that had a bad review of that scope. Thanks for the update!

Sled
04-20-2019, 09:15 AM
I was considering the FX1000 also, but this is the second thread I've come across that had a bad review of that scope. Thanks for the update!
I was all set on that scope, but cam across MANY threads critical of the tracking and other issues. Sage Rat's experience was enough to switch me over to the Vortex. And it's a shame, I really liked that Nikon 6x24 and had high hopes for it....

SageRat Shooter
04-23-2019, 03:43 PM
Well, the Nikon FX1000 is gone... (Thank God)! Replacement Optic is the Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27x50.... Will report back on results from this one as it just came in today (Updated version even). It was a little more expensive, but I felt I had to move up a tier from the Nikon...

want2ride
04-24-2019, 09:44 AM
I was all set on that scope, but cam across MANY threads critical of the tracking and other issues. Sage Rat's experience was enough to switch me over to the Vortex. And it's a shame, I really liked that Nikon 6x24 and had high hopes for it....Tracking is #1, that is why I always recommend the Burris XTR2 for an under $1000 scope.