PDA

View Full Version : Distance of OG to Lands?

Pages : 1 [2]

Robinhood
04-11-2019, 04:46 PM
He mentions taking out the pin and ejector or extractor cuz it may push case forward? Wouldnt you want to simulate actual rifle operation when you do this so when you go to fire the thing you have the exact measurement ? If the ejector/extractor moves case in then this measurement without the ejector doesnt mean much when you load ammo and go to fire cuz it will be closer than you measured.
Or is that being overly complicating the issue and nothing to worry about?

Some rifles have a standing ejector like the actions that are control round feed. In that case the ejector does not influence the position of the case. With a Savage it may not be critical, hopefully the difference is only a few thousands.

nksmfamjp
10-13-2019, 02:46 PM
Will this work on a Savage? To get the feeling, I have to remove the striker/cocking cam....won’t my bolt fall apart. Sorry, it has been forever since I had it apart.

Robinhood
10-13-2019, 02:50 PM
Put it on (middle position)and go. If you do not use gauges always check your head space with a different case you used to set the head space

Robinhood
10-13-2019, 04:47 PM
I meant to say put the safety on the middle position. If it closes on the go and doesn't on the no go you are good to go.