PDA

View Full Version : Scope mounting levels

Pages : 1 [2]

azguy
07-16-2020, 04:32 PM
No i havent seen it. I dont really believe in attempting to fix things unless their broken.
Im not saying a properly installed scope isn't inmportant, but i dont believe any special tools are required either.
Same with levels attached to the scope, i think they are a waste also, as well as the incline angle gadgets.

If your shooting at 50 yards your somewhat correct. You may want to check out what canted angle will do to your accuracy. Hold at a small target at what you believe to be rectical level. Slightly tip the gun just as small amount as you can and see where your aim point goes to.

Ted_Feasel
07-16-2020, 04:53 PM
If your shooting at 50 yards your somewhat correct. You may want to check out what canted angle will do to your accuracy. Hold at a small target at what you believe to be rectical level. Slightly tip the gun just as small amount as you can and see where your aim point goes to.I have a angle finder on one of my extended range rifles.. by no means a necessity but you can use it on extreme long range to get you verticle , doesn't do crap for windage and thats where most including myself make the most errors. It does really help when your shot is far enough that you don't have enough adjustment in your scope or range of view. I still have never dinged one that far but it my windage that I couldn't call correctly

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

yobuck
07-17-2020, 08:19 AM
If your shooting at 50 yards your somewhat correct. You may want to check out what canted angle will do to your accuracy. Hold at a small target at what you believe to be rectical level. Slightly tip the gun just as small amount as you can and see where your aim point goes to.
None of that is in question. What is in question is what we deem necessary in order to prevent that.
There is a long history of people using scope sighted rifles to hit things at great distances.
But now were being led to believe that cant be done without using newly created gadgets for installing and attaching to the scopes we use.
If the old way works for me then it works, and i see no reason to change till it stops working.
As for shooting, we shoot out to 1500 yds on a regular bases, and about every distance in between.
What we dont do is waste much ammo shooting at closer distance for group.
Again, none of these gadgets were available many years ago when we started shooting like this and we havent needed them.
But then im so hard headed i dont use a GPS to find my way back to PA either. lol