PDA

View Full Version : Which published manuals have 6BR data?

Pages : 1 [2]

Bill2905
07-21-2020, 08:09 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. I assumed that all the bullet makers want to sell their manuals and wasn't aware that some of their data is available online for free. I downloaded the free Hornady loading manual app and purchased their 6BR data for 99 cents. I usually get the inexpensive Loadbooks compilations but they don't publish one for 6BR.

Ted_Feasel
07-21-2020, 08:18 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. I assumed that all the bullet makers want to sell their manuals and wasn't aware that some of their data is available online for free. I downloaded the free Hornady loading manual app and purchased their 6BR data for 99 cents. I usually get the inexpensive Loadbooks compilations but they don't publish one for 6BR.I know its virtually impossible, but I would love if there was a comprehensive manual that broke it down by barrel type, size, profile etc and of course the difference projectile types.. i know it would still not be the gospel but I think it "could" narrow things down a bit.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

charlie b
07-21-2020, 10:21 PM
I think it is called Quickload :) Despite the shortcomings it comes closest to a custom load data 'book'. If I had known where I was 'going' in this hobby I would have bought it a couple years ago.

Ted_Feasel
07-22-2020, 08:37 AM
I think it is called Quickload :) Despite the shortcomings it comes closest to a custom load data 'book'. If I had known where I was 'going' in this hobby I would have bought it a couple years ago.Yeah I know lol, im just not in a position to part with $150 just yet:)

Fotheringill
07-30-2020, 02:47 PM
I use the Hodgdon reloading data site a lot. I think it's the best of all the powder manufacturers.

And if it not at their site, call. They will give you the information to the best of their ability. I had that with an unlisted Berger bullet and Hodgdon looked up measurements and weights and gave me the info based upon an extremely similar Sierra round. They were almost spot on.

Fotheringill
07-30-2020, 02:50 PM
I couldn't say if those weights differences are linear in motion. I will say a trial weight carefully measured could be used to mark accurately. My biggest thing when using a beam scale was controlling the skate. When the base of the scale moves the calibration is affected by as much as a half grain.

I put brads into what the scale sits on and am very careful now.

Ted_Feasel
07-30-2020, 02:57 PM
I put brads into what the scale sits on and am very careful now.Thats i good idea but my would probably shit if I drove brads in our kitchen table.. i do all the charging there because its not near vents, temperature controlled and its pretty comfortable, i do my seating there also with my roumds that I use le wilson seaters and arbor press, the rest I do in the garage

Bill2905
07-30-2020, 11:03 PM
And if it not at their site, call. They will give you the information to the best of their ability. I had that with an unlisted Berger bullet and Hodgdon looked up measurements and weights and gave me the info based upon an extremely similar Sierra round. They were almost spot on.

Good to know. Thanks for the info.