PDA

View Full Version : WD-40

Pages : 1 [2]

Rifleman#1
08-02-2021, 02:46 PM
Yes no doubt leave your guns out during your hunt. not in and out from hot to cold clean and oil well when home Is he wearing Tennis shoes bet he ran along beside that one to shoot it. ( O first Web sight or social media experience ) some parts i like some i don't. Another little bit WD has never gummed up to my knowledge and have used it for around 40 years.(now don't whip me for that comment)

Robinhood
08-02-2021, 04:36 PM
Sometimes you put a test indicator on a part to make sure your datums or truth bands are still running true. Especially in an Id or OD grinder. It never fails that some coolant will get into it at one time or another. It is then when trying to clean the gunk out you learn what will leave a residue and what wont. Cigarette lighter fluid worked good but LPS, WD 40 and many more leave behind gunk after a while. The penetrating fluids worked well also.

yobuck
08-02-2021, 05:01 PM
Yes no doubt leave your guns out during your hunt. not in and out from hot to cold clean and oil well when home Is he wearing Tennis shoes bet he ran along beside that one to shoot it. ( O first Web sight or social media experience ) some parts i like some i don't. Another little bit WD has never gummed up to my knowledge and have used it for around 40 years.(now don't whip me for that comment)

For sure with the casual dress it wasent intended as a walking around type hunt situation.
But i wouldnt go so far as saying it was taken out the truck window.
Leaning across the hood? probably. lol

Rifleman#1
08-02-2021, 07:41 PM
Thought he might have speared it and the rifle was a souvenir.
and for WD like i have said used for years throughout the year on my guns while in the cabinet never had any gunk residue etc (might be possible in a extreme heat or dirty situation such as machine work or a industrial setting we were talking about a rust preventive and water displacer for firearms.

Robinhood
08-02-2021, 09:47 PM
Thought he might have speared it and the rifle was a souvenir.
and for WD like i have said used for years throughout the year on my guns while in the cabinet never had any gunk residue etc (might be possible in a extreme heat or dirty situation such as machine work or a industrial setting we were talking about a rust preventive and water displacer for firearms.

Some firearms are made from metal and have mechanical assemblies like bolts and triggers. Possibly in the desert it really does not matter anyway. You know, where Kroil strips copper.

It is best I put you on ignore. You are much more skilled at being a fool than I.

yobuck
08-03-2021, 09:19 AM
Some firearms are made from metal and have mechanical assemblies like bolts and triggers. Possibly in the desert it really does not matter anyway. You know, where Kroil strips copper.

It is best I put you on ignore. You are much more skilled at being a fool than I.
Well try to look at it from a different perspective RH.
Were not permitted to discuss the most serious issues we face today at places like this.
So why not have a bit of fun with the things we can discuss?
Most of which when we get right down to it arent very serious anyway.

Rifleman#1
08-03-2021, 01:23 PM
People like you are the problem with these sites. Robinhooddd

yobuck
08-04-2021, 08:19 AM
People like you are the problem with these sites. Robinhooddd
Well while i personally find your comments a bit (entertaining), i also realize that given enough rope people like you always find a place to hang them selves.
i will take exception of your comment on that issue however.
Robinhood provides an awfull lot of very good information here which many find very usefull.
We dont all live on the same side of the tracks here, but there needs to be an element of respect for others who might have opinions we dont agree with.

Rifleman#1
08-04-2021, 07:00 PM
Amen