PDA

View Full Version : Hornady ELD-Match 300 prc ammo.

Pages : 1 [2]

KY49
10-14-2021, 05:32 PM
Regarding 300 prc ELD-Match ammo that was sent back to Hornady, they called and advised the 10 rounds of ammo tested at 62,379 PSI and as the SAAMI max pressure is 64,000 psi Hornady feels the ammo is consistent with specifications. Hornady says the ammo is good, Savage says the rifle is good. Must not be any problem. Have never been so happy that I can reload my own ammo.

Dave Hoback
10-14-2021, 06:54 PM
You somehow were able to ship the rifle, Savage received & worked it over & got it back to you in less than 12 days? Holy crap! That’s probably about the quickest I’ve heard! Hope all’s good for you now.

nathantc
10-14-2021, 08:41 PM
Regarding 300 prc ELD-Match ammo that was sent back to Hornady, they called and advised the 10 rounds of ammo tested at 62,379 PSI and as the SAAMI max pressure is 64,000 psi Hornady feels the ammo is consistent with specifications. Hornady says the ammo is good, Savage says the rifle is good. Must not be any problem. Have never been so happy that I can reload my own ammo.
idk man, having my chamber recut (not by savage) solved that issue 100% in my rifle. Someone here mentioned that the neck may be to tight. I tried feeding a unfired round into the spent cases that got stuck and it would not freely fit, the rounds fired after the fix DO freely fit. so there might be an issue with savage chamber specs. Their book says its correct, but maybe their book is wrong

nathantc
10-14-2021, 08:42 PM
You somehow were able to ship the rifle, Savage received & worked it over & got it back to you in less than 12 days? Holy crap! That’s probably about the quickest I’ve heard! Hope all’s good for you now.

that does seem fishy, impossible to believe even.