PDA

View Full Version : Trigger comparisons

Pages : 1 [2]

taylorce1
01-18-2022, 07:55 AM
SSS triggers i still prefer the SSS. Fortunately I have several some still in the package

They were my favorite as well, I wish I would have bought more. BBR screwed us out of a great trigger.

Fuj'
01-18-2022, 07:58 AM
Most I know shoot Bix or Jewel and in the 2 ounce range. I have the Savage and RB to 8 ounces.
It's what I'm comfortable with for my type of hold. Even though the pull gage gives Identical
weights, the RB breaks cleaner, thus making it feel lighter. The Jard I sent back failed the slam
fire test at 10 ounces. I shoot heavy guns (17lbs plus) so a heavier trigger is not much of a
problem. The guys shooting light gun at 10 to 12 lbs. rely on them light triggers.

GrenGuy
01-18-2022, 08:51 AM
Yes, My RB II has the sharpest, cleanest break. I was looking at a target that would have been a 50, but one flier dropped out the bottom into the 9 ring. Makes Me wonder if I got in a hurry and broke that shot just ever too hard? Yesterday I dry fired a stock blade trigger, set at 8 oz, and it felt like a ton. This stuff plays with your head at a match, and it’s just something else you need to block out. I long for a trigger where I can think break, and the shot is gone. It just takes more money for a trigger than I have paid for a lot of My rifles.

But, My favorite deer rifle sports a stock 1 screw trigger that breaks at a sharp/crisp 2 1/2 #’s, that I massaged Myself, and I am very pleased with it in that application.

Trigger decision depends on your shooting needs at the time.

charlie b
01-18-2022, 09:56 AM
Have not looked around. Can you buy a RB trigger these days?

GrenGuy
01-18-2022, 10:35 AM
Have not looked around. Can you buy a RB trigger these days?
Yes, both models are listed in stock at most places. Big differences in price for the same thing though.

Dave Hoback
01-18-2022, 10:36 AM
Well I’ve spent more than two decades watching people go nuts over triggers. And the money people spend. It just always seemed insane to me. I can understand it on a dedicated target rifle for sincere competitors. I was never one. Only messed around in pistol competition for a time. And even that was just for fun. I started doing my own triggers seriously, when I started building 1911’s. Because that’s what ya do. There are no really good “drop in” triggers for them. Then I adapted that to all my other firearms. One thing I never understood was people $200-$300 for an AR15 trigger. It’s like everyone was always searching for a super light trigger. Just never seemed right to me on a Semi Auto battle rifle. But oh well.

Sorry for rambling. Just my thoughts. I need to get motivated to do some sand blast etching today.

South Prairie jim
01-18-2022, 11:08 AM
My Savage 12 runs a RB set extremely light and can go off if I slam the bolt or smack the butt down into the bags with my fist.
my other bench rifle has a Bix &Andy set at 1 oz But will not AD