PDA

View Full Version : Trigger for a model 12?

Pages : 1 [2]

Dave Hoback
01-29-2022, 07:28 PM
I listed all the Savage triggers. Just not that many. Further reason it would be refreshing to see TriggerTech get in on things.

TommyD11730
03-07-2022, 03:21 PM
If you have an Accutrigger, send it to me to set up. I do trigger jobs at NO CHARGE for members. Although not identical to your 700 trigger(I agree. I love Target TRUE 2-stage), when I am finished with an Accutrigger, it is super nice and has the “feel” of a 2-stage, as you are able to depress & sit on the blade depressed, then just a small amount more trips the sear. I really like mine more than the other triggers for Savage.

Oh, and if you have a 3-screw...I do those as well. I just finished one for a member here and sending it back to him this week. Perfectly flat prepared & 6K grit polished trigger/sear surfaces, Titanium side play washers, and I make a new trigger spring with .043”.045” spring tempered wire. They come out pretty darn nice as well.

Heres one of those 3-screw springs I make. This is .045” Spring Wire. This one is going with the trigger I just completed.

https://i.ibb.co/SKZkqqP/A58988-FD-23-BD-4240-976-E-31-CEFEBA3-F3-C.jpg (https://ibb.co/ZhbQyyV)
In a world where you can't open your email, or answer your home for fear of getting ripped off/scammed that's some offer. People like you make this world a better place, thank you.
If your waiting for Triggertec, like me it's going to be a while. RD hasn't finished their prototype. Once that's done it's another 6 months to market. So we're talking next year (2023).
So I ask myself do I spend the coin to upgrade when in a year I'm upgrading again. Doubtful. After a 2 year layoff I'm finally back to work and just can't lay out the coin 2x.

Robinhood
03-08-2022, 05:57 PM
Good job David. Glad to here you are out there doing good things for the members.

TommyD11730
03-26-2022, 08:26 PM
Well I had my 12 out for the 1st time since the rebarrel. Very happy with the results. My 12FV was around a 1/2 MOA gun if I did my part. With the new barrel it's better then that. If your on the fence over a 223 Criterion brand barrel... BUY IT!

Anyways I did a dumb thing and ordered the Jard trigger, however the heart wants what it wants. Once out of my XRS chassis it took about 5 minutes to install. On my MDT stock it required no inletting.
My old trigger gauge starts at 8oz. This trigger breaks below that.
I'm used to my dual stage 8oz-8oz so this will take some getting used to in its current configuration.
Safety function checks a OK out of the box.

Not sure if I should post a range report or not.. but figured I would at least post about the installation.

Zargon123
03-27-2022, 06:32 AM
I've had very good success with the Rifle Basix SAV2. They take a bit to adjust, and to get the best results pair it with a PTG bolt body. I've found their improved cocking ramp allows for a lower pull weight without slam fires. Also, never try to use the Target Sear with one.

I have a Savage heavy benchrest .284 Win, done Remington style(no barrel nut), with a SAV2 trigger that would amaze most Savage shooters.

Robinhood
03-27-2022, 05:56 PM
The Sav2 will not fit a bottom bolt release without heavy modifications. Rifle basics states it will not fit the Bottom Bolt release actions.