PDA

View Full Version : Who else suffers from AR15 MADNESS?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Dave Hoback
01-30-2022, 01:42 PM
Oooh... so now all this in your imagination happened before I was born, huh? 1978? Yeah, because AR15 usage was SOOO high back then.

Buck, do you see how you continue to talk over yourself? I bring up FACTS, and you speak of what you THINK you remember. Keep digging your hole there guy. What you are saying now is just ridiculous! Phily guys with them AR15 ‘s shooting the place up? BEFORE the AR15 was widespread commercially sold? (It was available to the public, but NOT popular in any way) Shoot, the FIRST reported public shooting with an AR15 was George Banks in 1982! But SOMEHOW... a bunch of unruly, punk hoodlums from Philly., SOMEHOW we’re buying them in droves, to go to shoot in Bucks county, naturally getting the range closed. Because we all know that people who shoot AR’s are nothin’ but punks! Right?

Robinhood
01-30-2022, 02:19 PM
Oooh... so now all this in your imagination happened before I was born, huh? 1978? Yeah, because AR15 usage was SOOO high back then.

Buck, do you see how you continue to talk over yourself? I bring up FACTS, and you speak of what you THINK you remember. Keep digging your hole there guy. What you are saying now is just ridiculous! Phily guys with them AR15 ‘s shooting the place up? BEFORE the AR15 was widespread commercially sold? (It was available to the public, but NOT popular in any way) Shoot, the FIRST reported public shooting with an AR15 was George Banks in 1982! But SOMEHOW... a bunch of unruly, punk hoodlums from Philly., SOMEHOW we’re buying them in droves, to go to shoot in Bucks county, naturally getting the range closed. Because we all know that people who shoot AR’s are nothin’ but punks! Right?

Dave, You are an interesting guy. But you are slipping back into the place from wence you came. You are the most confrontational person on this forum. Any other experience other than yours is wrong and or a personal attack on you. As an online friend of yours I think you need to step back and look at how you have been conducting yourself on this forum as of late.

There are guys who come here looking for fights and arguments. They are isolated quickly and most move on. Please don't be that guy. You help a lot of folks. Persue that route rather than regurgitate the many articles you have read and with your own situation, have come up with an opinion. Rely on your personal experience and let other rely on theirs. Not every statement is a personal attack.

I will say this. Youbuck can poke the bear at will and laugh at the result. He is much wiser than you give him credit for and I find rarely does he lie. Not to say his comments arent used to fuel the flames of pasionate discussion though.... Be cool. Be humble. Find things in common like you often do. Hang out in that space. It is what is most becoming to you. Love you man!

Txhillbilly
01-30-2022, 02:25 PM
Dave, AR's weren't very popular in the 70's & 80's. There were only two choices - Colt or Olympic, and there was nearly zero aftermarket parts made back then. All of them were Carry Handle upper's. Flat Top upper's didn't come out until the mid 90's.

Dave Hoback
01-30-2022, 02:48 PM
Dave, AR's weren't very popular in the 70's & 80's. There were only two choices - Colt or Olympic, and there was nearly zero aftermarket parts made back then. All of them were Carry Handle upper's. Flat Top upper's didn't come out until the mid 90's.

Yes, that is what I was saying & exactly my point. Did you think I said they WERE popular then?? If so, you misunderstood Tx.

jkv45
01-30-2022, 03:48 PM
I'm a .30 cal battle rifle guy, but my youngest son (USMC Active Duty) is an AR-fan.

For some reason, they just don't do it for me. I'd sure never want one (5.56 anyway) if somebody was shooting back.

I like to give him crap about it, but whatever you are into...

Dave Hoback
01-30-2022, 03:54 PM
I LITERALLY just proved that what he said was a complete fabrication. Whether you see it are having trouble due to bias because it’s not. I don’t care one bit about about others circumstances differing from mine. You you damn well know it. What care about is someone calling me out BY NAME, then proceeding to characterize me in a certain light....or make things up to feed an Agenda, which I can EASILY disprove! Or, and this is the worst, quote me or again call me out making it seem I said something I NEVER SAID. Putting WORDS in my mouth. I don’t care about people disagreeing. But leave my name out of your mouth and agenda.

I appreciate your sentiment & sincerity Robin. But I’m you don’t know EVERYTHING about certain situations. Or things which have been said away from the public eyes. Tell me, doesn’t it seem odd to post a very negative, combative post, on something you care nothing for? And it just so happens “I” made the post. But somehow I’m in the wrong? Well, ok. Fits the rest of this BIZZARO world we live in anymore.. up is down, right is left.. whatever. But part of it, you do make a point valid. I need to simply be above it. I will say, I gives a Rat’s Be-hind how much wisdom he has. Respect is earned! And he never has.

gbflyer
01-30-2022, 05:56 PM
I had a Colt Comp HBAR in the early 90’s, it was of the generation of rifles when Colt used those goofy non-mil spec upper and lower that take proprietary pivot and takedown pins. It was very accurate, and heavy. I think it was one of the first commercially available flat-tops. I doubled my money on it a couple years later when Clinton was going to take everyone’s guns away[emoji1]

Dave Hoback
01-30-2022, 07:10 PM
So, yes.. Colt was the ONLY production company for the AR15 for decades, as they purchased the Patent from Armalite. Civilian AR15’s were actually sold BEFORE the M16 was issued to US troops. Rather, I should say a Civilian AR was “available” FIRST! No one knows how many were actually sold so early on. Colt continued as the SOLE proprietor of the platform until 1977 when the patent expired. Several companies started their designing, although TXHillbilly is correct, for several years only Olympic & Colt made & sold the AR. Until 1983 when Bushmaster produced its first civilian AR15’s. After that, a few more came to call. Although, even at the time of the Billary Clinton AWB in 1994, the AR15’s for sale were Colt, Olympia, Eagle, SAI & Bushmaster. There may have been a couple other more obscure names, but these were the main players at the time. Until, of course the GREAT EXPIRE of the AWB in 2004! At this time it was like the FLOOD GATES were opened! Maker after maker brought their AR15 to the table. Not to mention the big parts houses started online.

wbm
01-31-2022, 06:13 PM
Might want to mention Eugene Stoner in there somewhere. MSNBC recently did a "hit piece" on the AR saying Stoner's family told them that "he did not intend them for civilians."

https://ammo.com/articles/eugene-stoner-creator-ar-15-americas-rifle-forgotten-history

Dave Hoback
01-31-2022, 07:33 PM
WBM, it was actually Stoner’s very LIBERAL family who CLAIMED he made those comments & never owned an AR(which I find LAUGHABLE!).(and like you posted, it was MSNBC doing that HIT JO..I mean, “piece”.) Eugene Stoner NEVER made any public spoken or written statement of the nature.. NONE! Armalite had already created a CIVILIAN model, with Stoner at the helm, WHILE the M16 was going through US trials.

The story goes, (speculation as it may be).. Stoner as the Chief designer for Armalite & the company itself, devised TWO AR15 roads to make money. They of course were licking their chops for the JUICY Military contract of supplying America’s next battle rifle, but incase it failed, they had already decided to put these rifles in American citizens hands! Was it money driven? Of course it was! What isn’t! And remember, bye must not have had many quams about it, because he ended up leaving Armalite to work for Colt, thus FOLLOWING his beloved design.

Balvar24
02-03-2022, 10:58 PM
I've got one, but would much rather shoot my single shots.

If that's what you like, it's a mostly free country.

I think some of the couch commando crowd gets carried away.

Dave Hoback
02-04-2022, 06:44 AM
Like these two? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW_twUbf9ng (and not even the worst!)

Yeah, even when I in USPSA, I never understood the ROBOTIC movements these guys do. So, look at Jerry Miculek, who in my opinion IS the greatest shooter of all time. He is very FLUID with his movement. He doesn’t look forced or “robotic”; he looks natural. Then there’s “Competition Charlie” here with the hurky-jurky movement...looks like he’s having a damn seizure! The ONLY person I’ll say didn’t look ridiculous with the hurky-jurky movement was Todd Jarret. He was a little robotic, but somehow pulled it off. He was just so good!

Balvar24
02-04-2022, 12:44 PM
Yeah. Guys like that and people who don't think it odd that tactical plants can be bought in 43wx32l.

Dave Hoback
02-04-2022, 01:15 PM
Yeah. Guys like that and people who don't think it odd that tactical plants can be bought in 43wx32l.

LOL! So true.. Oh., wait! I wear a 42-44w size! I am 6'4" though. Oh.. and I'm disabled and spend most of my time sitting because of pain. Even then, BEFORE I was disabled, when my waist size was 34, I STILL didn't act like a TACTICAL-COOL Ninja-Assassin of DEATH on the range. And I didn't train that way to my students when I was instructing.

Balvar24
02-04-2022, 02:41 PM
I was told me a long time ago, "You can be a nut about anything." People need to be proficient at self awareness before they try to tackle situational awareness.

wbm
02-04-2022, 08:06 PM
“Competition Charlie” here with the hurky-jurky movement...looks like he’s having a damn seizure!

+1

want2ride
02-19-2022, 07:52 PM
I got one (dpms) over a decade ago when they were made here in Minnesota. I am not a huge semi auto guy, but it surely is a big step above my old SAIGA 7.62x39 (Clinton gun ban compliant) that i eventually traded off for almost double what i paid for it. I did decide that i wanted one AR15 with a scope and one without, so 2 years ago i got a S&W with a really nice peep site. Some day i may get an AR 10 in 308, but it is a little lower on the need list than a heavy barrel .223 bolt action, so just not sure when it is going to happen.

So, no, not really a big fanatic for ar's, but i do appreciate them when i see them.

Tiekmir
02-21-2022, 12:48 AM
I only have my Stag Arms M4 AR-15. It already has everything I need really. My only plan is to remove the carry handle, add a picatinny rail and a Vortex scope. Oh, and this. LOLOLOLOLOL

https://charliescustomclones.com/m203-12-grenade-launcher-from-lmt-37mm-barrel-special-purchase/

The barrel is set up to recieve a 40 MM grenade launcher with just a lug bolt. Good times.

Dave Hoback
02-21-2022, 03:28 PM
What do you want that for? Man.. there are a whole bunch of other items I can think about for $1500, over getting one of those. No offense, but those really are about the more tacti-Kewlest, Mall Ninja parts available. But hey... if a person just likes the look, and that’s what they want to dump money on, they should do it. Exactly a great thing about our Nation.

wbm
02-26-2022, 12:40 PM
Dave for us new AR-15 "rat gun" owners the nomenclature used by aficionados is often obscure to us.

What difference between "staked" and "pinned".

Why would one want to use Locktite 620 to "glue" barrel into receiver. How would you get it out if you wanted to change barrels? Even Criterion suggests that for their barrels.

Why is it necessary to "stake" a castle nut?

A few more but these will do for a start.