PDA

View Full Version : 30mm Scope mounting options

Pages : 1 [2]

Dave Hoback
02-17-2022, 06:23 PM
Lol! They don’t need to spend a single dollar advertising with you around! But tell us what you REALLY think of Burris?? :surprise: J/K

No seriously, it’s good to be confident in the products you use. Makes it more enjoyable. Honestly, we’ve already established that you are just not likely to find a failure in many mounting solutions. They are fairly simple parts. Like a SCREW, or NUT & BOLT! I think manufacturers have preeetty much gotten the technology down pat! So you should use a mounting solution which appeals to YOU! One that YOU trust and stand behind. Just will make it more enjoyable. Case in point. You could not pay me to use Burris rings. Don’t like them, don’t trust them! Now, I’ve never “SEEN” or even heard of a failure from using them. I just am not fond of Burris. Same holds true for the old Leupold/Redfield Standard mounts & rings. I wouldn’t use those mounts/rings with YOUR rifle even! LOL! (Wonder if anyone will get that?) This is my entire point though. It’s important to choose SOME things based on YOUR personal opinion. Not the opinions from other people. SOME parts really are just like screws. They are there with a simple purpose & look appealing.

Revoliver
02-17-2022, 11:16 PM
Lol! They don’t need to spend a single dollar advertising with you around! But tell us what you REALLY think of Burris?? :surprise: J/K

No seriously, it’s good to be confident in the products you use. Makes it more enjoyable. Honestly, we’ve already established that you are just not likely to find a failure in many mounting solutions. They are fairly simple parts. Like a SCREW, or NUT & BOLT! I think manufacturers have preeetty much gotten the technology down pat! So you should use a mounting solution which appeals to YOU! One that YOU trust and stand behind. Just will make it more enjoyable. Case in point. You could not pay me to use Burris rings. Don’t like them, don’t trust them! Now, I’ve never “SEEN” or even heard of a failure from using them. I just am not fond of Burris. Same holds true for the old Leupold/Redfield Standard mounts & rings. I wouldn’t use those mounts/rings with YOUR rifle even! LOL! (Wonder if anyone will get that?) This is my entire point though. It’s important to choose SOME things based on YOUR personal opinion. Not the opinions from other people. SOME parts really are just like screws. They are there with a simple purpose & look appealing.

Dude...

https://media0.giphy.com/media/5WUsLZLkZlMdO/giphy.gif

Dave Hoback
02-18-2022, 04:06 AM
Lol... you got it, huh?:redface-new:

Blue Avenger
02-18-2022, 08:26 AM

jeez Dave if you really feel that way why are you recommending things? Do you recommend no one suggest any product you don't endorse to save you 5 posts a day?

Dave Hoback
02-19-2022, 10:52 AM
jeez Dave if you really feel that way why are you recommending things? Do you recommend no one suggest any product you don't endorse to save you 5 posts a day?

You are putting words in my mouth. Sorry if you think I’m posting too much. If don’t don’t care for my input, put me on ignore... as I’m doing the same. Say what you want, but don’t quote me and cry foul because I don’t like what you do.. ‘k partner

Txhillbilly
02-19-2022, 12:04 PM
Dave can have his opinion just like everyone else, he likes what he likes.

I use two types of rings on all of my scopes. On any 1" or 30mm scopes that I have, they are in Burris Signature Zee rings. On all of my 34mm and bigger tubed scopes, I only use American Rifle Co. M10 rings.
I've got a box out in the shop full of other types / brands of scope rings that I've tried over the years. Everyone likes different brands for different reasons, but these two brands are what has worked well for me.

Blue Avenger
02-19-2022, 12:42 PM
Yes he can have and post his opinion. I may have slight misread his intention when he was bashing the burris, Leopold or other brands others suggest after he gave his opinion in the beginning. Then pushing that no ones opinion mattered except the owner of the gun.

waltermitty
02-27-2022, 02:26 PM
I don't know if it would be applicable vis a vis this thread but I've been using Badger 30mm rings on another rifle with a different caliber for a decade now and they're rock solid.