PDA

View Full Version : How Much Are You Willing to Pay to Support a Local Gun Store?

Pages : 1 [2]

thebeav
01-11-2023, 12:49 PM
I like to support local people, it's just not always feasible (fees-able). When you want 20 boxes of ammo and the local guy is at 20 bucks a pop, online is 14.50, what are you supposed to do?
I spent a lifetime in business and I had to compete with everybody. If I could do that, why can't everyone ?

nksmfamjp
01-11-2023, 03:29 PM
I guess the point is some are studying the market and figuring out how to move product for profit. Many are sitting on their butt paying rent. I hate to see the unprofitable type because I want to support them, but I don’t want to teach them how to run a business either. I think a lot of old men just like to stand somewhere surrounded by guns and bs.

Heck you can get some decent deals. Find those items they received in stock 10 years ago and buy it price as marked. It’s usually a couple bucks under current market value! Imagine how much more money they would make if they just focused on actually selling stuff at a fair price!

want2ride
01-12-2023, 11:26 AM
i never buy a rifle unless i get a good deal on it. My local shops are generally pretty reasonable prices, which is amazing for a far northern Minnesota isolated area. I buy other stuff that is 10% over without thinking about it... but i go to Grand Forks about once a month and rarely buy at Cabelas, and more often buy at Scheels... but i feel that Scheels is close to a home town store as i have frequently shopped at Scheel's hardware and the original Scheels sporting goods store.
I almost exclusively buy reloading stuff online because of availability, but sometimes the local stores have something i need and buy it there.

Short and sweet, i like to support local stores, but if they aren't even close, no dice.

vince_ross
03-24-2023, 04:15 PM
I almost exclusively buy reloading stuff online because of availability, but sometimes the local stores have something i need and buy it there.

Short and sweet, i like to support local stores, but if they aren't even close, no dice.

Same here, a local pawn shop has the best prices on powder currently. I pick up most of my supplies there, plus they're just nice people.
I pretty much quit going to Cabela's since Bass pro took over, they never have anything in stock at the one local to me, and the prices are sky high.