PDA

View Full Version : Issues with my new Apex 110 25-06

Pages : 1 [2]

BadMatrix
03-19-2023, 09:58 PM
I have an Apex 110 Storm in .223 that I like VERY much. Almost boringly accurate with loads it likes. Added a cheek pad to give me a better cheek weld and sighting down the scope tube. Also added a larger, screw on bold knob. I would recommend at least a larger knob if not a longer bolt handle to assist with bolt lift. Just the larger knob improved the lift on mine considerably.
Yeah man, i imagine it did. I LIKE this rifle a lot! Longer bolt handle and user friendlier knob check check check! Cheek pad I can add right away! I like Anarchy outdoors and their product is on backorder a couple more weeks!

BadMatrix
03-19-2023, 10:06 PM
https://www.anarchyoutdoors.com/savage-10-110-threaded-bolt-handle-upgrade/

When they get back in stock I will order a black handle and black knob….it will look good and feel even better.
It was really cold yesterday and I had gloves on and that was good.
one thing I noticed that is different from some Ruger’s is that the action is smooth and precise……shweet!

Dave Hoback
03-19-2023, 11:38 PM
Just hit it with some satin black spray paint. It’ll look great. Honestly doesn’t look bad as is. Anarchy is good stuff.

BadMatrix
03-23-2023, 04:44 AM
I called Savage and they are sending me a 110ba bolt handle from a 110 tactical. It arrives today.

BadMatrix
03-24-2023, 05:33 PM
My new Savage bolt handle arrived today. Swapping out the handle will be far easier than what one has to do on a Ruger.
I am following this video!
https://youtu.be/oSOWPgH2iqI

Looks great and I love the lift!

Dave Hoback
03-24-2023, 07:58 PM
I prefer the Anarchy handle & Knob you had over the Factory Tactical handle. But not the brightness. But if you are happy, kewl!

That video is fine. It’s really easy. I don’t worry about torquing it. I cinch it tight with the same Allen wrench I use to remove to. But then, I do have a “calibrated” elbow, LOL! Setting the striker back, I just push the bolt forward with the cocking piece pin braced against the edge of my wood workbench.

charlie b
03-24-2023, 08:48 PM
Nice deal. And, yeah, these things are really easy to work on.