PDA

View Full Version : Been away for away for a while

BillPa
08-05-2023, 04:18 AM
Had a few things going on. One, what was to be hobby detailing vehicles dang near turned into a full time job. Fortunately my two grandsons jumped in and opened their own shop giving grand paw a well needed break.

Second, last December I developed skin cancer on the left side of my neck. Between the chemo and radiation treatments I was traveling to Penn State Hershey hospital five days a week for four and a half months. I lost a of stamina, got tired easily and even walking was a challenge. I had to use a walker to prevent doing face plants for for awhile.
On the plus side the body scan I had in mid July showed I was cancer free. I'll have a second one on Sept 19th and one every six months thereafter.

I'm back up to 198#s, hit'n the gym two days a week and able to walk without stumbling like a drunk. I still get tried if I push myself too much but I'm improving day by day. Hopefully I'll be able to chase those white tails in November.

Bill.

Dave Hoback
08-05-2023, 08:11 AM
Welcome back Bill… and Praise The Lord for your recovery & continuing strengthening my friend. Glad to have you with us again.:tea:

pdog06
08-05-2023, 02:21 PM
Welcome back Bill and super glad to hear your health is back on the upswing!

Robinhood
08-05-2023, 08:37 PM
Bill, Very sorry to hear about the hurdles but glad to hear you are still in the race.

J.Baker
08-06-2023, 12:24 AM
Welcome back Bill! Sorry to hear about the health issues, but glad to hear you've come out on top of it and things are getting back to normal for you.

ragsflh
08-06-2023, 10:28 AM
welcome back

BobT
08-12-2023, 02:14 AM
Great to see you back Bill!

Smokey262
08-12-2023, 08:58 PM
Nice to see you back here Bill, and happy to hear you are doing well

prdatr
08-19-2023, 11:30 AM
Nice to see you back here Bill, and happy to hear you are doing well

Welcome back fellow warrior. Sounds like you are winning and have a all important positive attitude.