PDA

View Full Version : Which Trigger Replacement?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Rocketvapor
03-05-2024, 06:32 PM
E-clips?
Did a search and most entries recommend gassing up the truck and driving around to various parts/hardware stores, or buying a big assortment.
How hard is it to post a SIZE? Is this a secret or something?
Maybe the next time I pull the wife's action I'll measure (or when my Target Trigger gets here).

Dave Hoback
03-05-2024, 08:45 PM
E-clips?
Did a search and most entries recommend gassing up the truck and driving around to various parts/hardware stores, or buying a big assortment.
How hard is it to post a SIZE? Is this a secret or something?
Maybe the next time I pull the wife's action I'll measure (or when my Target Trigger gets here).

I have a bunch Rocket. I’ll mail ya one if ya need. Just PM your address. I don’t know the size off hand. But I’ll look and post it at some point tomorrow.

Or were you just being matter of fact ​like?

Rocketvapor
03-05-2024, 08:58 PM
Just matter of fact :)
It' one of those things you find in various forums.
You measure one and after Thursday range trip I'll measure one.
Gap, Hole/pin size, thickness. Metric or English :)

GrenGuy
03-05-2024, 10:15 PM
I notice Gun Shack is charging $219.99 for the Jard “SAFETY BAR” !!! ??? :-((

Rocketvapor
03-06-2024, 08:25 PM
My order came in today.
Yippee :)

Robinhood
03-06-2024, 08:28 PM
I am betting they will not be able to keep sears in in stock

Dave Hoback
03-06-2024, 09:13 PM
I told Noemi that very thing. I have a bad feeling of “Bogarters” trying to buy them out and sit on them for a rainy day. Just like guys were doing with primers, powder, brass, bullets. Makes me sick of the low-life, scum bags who make that a habit. Then turn around & sell them in a shortage for 3, 4, 5 times what they bought them for!

lskok
03-06-2024, 09:27 PM
I notice Gun Shack is charging $219.99 for the Jard “SAFETY BAR” !!! ??? :-((
That is a typo! I’ll get that fixed. Thank you for pointing that out.

Dave Hoback
03-06-2024, 10:13 PM
My order came in today.
Yippee :)

Good deal! Pretty cool, right? Like a week ago these were untouchable! And now you have one in hand. I haven’t put mine in yet. Of course I still need to personalize it. The Sear has some pretty bad burrs I need to burn off. And want to check if it needs my Titanium shims. Also, I’m looking at maybe doing a new style of Overtravel Stop. Threading the hole that captures the the Blade spring. It can be threaded for an M4-.70 set screw without disrupting anything. I started on it today & that case hardening is a PITB! I got fairly dar down but broke the tap (inexpensive taps), and had to drill it out with Tungsten bit. Have another M4 tap, so… again tomorrow. I’m thinking to tap it about 3/4 the way through, so the portion that holds the blade spring is unaffected.

Ah well… you know I can’t leave anything be. LOL!

Rocketvapor
03-06-2024, 10:25 PM
I agree with the burrs on edges. Shouldn't take much to clean up though.
Gonna keep the regular trigger for the March match. I should have the Target trigger ready for her to try after that.

GrenGuy
03-06-2024, 11:55 PM
That is a typo! I’ll get that fixed. Thank you for pointing that out.

I thought as much. Folks will need that bar if they want a safety.

KMW1954
03-07-2024, 01:39 AM
I am betting they will not be able to keep sears in in stock

I took the hint! Ordered both tonight but the spring is Out of Stock. How important is the sear spring?

Don't need this in a hurry because of currently working on a new to me 6 ARC Switchback so the Model 11 which I am presently shooting will be dropped and when ready I will build my Model 10 stagger feed blind magazine with a new faster twist 223 barrel.

Dave Hoback
03-07-2024, 09:27 AM
I took the hint! Ordered both tonight but the spring is Out of Stock. How important is the sear spring?

Don't need this in a hurry because of currently working on a new to me 6 ARC Switchback so the Model 11 which I am presently shooting will be dropped and when ready I will build my Model 10 stagger feed blind magazine with a new faster twist 223 barrel.

The Trigger & Sear are the more important of the three. I haven’t measured the Target Sear spring compared to my factory Accutrigger Sear spring, but can’t see the difference with the naked eye.

Edit: I measured last night, the new Sear spring compared to one I purchased a few years ago. They are identical in wire diameter, (.035”), loop size & angle of slightly over 90 degrees. I figured then, Savage must have changed all to using just these at some point. A little research & yes, that’s exactly it. The Factory part number 1030894 (tel:1030894) is the Sear spring used in the Standard Accutrigger with TBR & the Target Accutrigger.

Rocketvapor
03-07-2024, 09:38 AM
Other than the color (ugh) is the blade the same?
thinking about stripping the orange from the red blade and coloring it blue to match the stock :)

Dave Hoback
03-07-2024, 09:40 AM
Other than the color (ugh) is the blade the same?
thinking about stripping the orange from the red blade and coloring it blue to match the stock :)

No difference. It’s just painted. The regular Accutrigger is not. As a matter of fact, the trigger & sear are only different in the escape angle machined on the surfaces & the dimple on the side of the Sear’s Bolt Release lever.

Rocketvapor
03-08-2024, 12:27 PM
Orange-B-Gone
First layer.
Was gonna play with trigger but the wife said NO.
Don't touch before the match. She's happy the way it is.

Shooter0302
03-11-2024, 10:24 AM
What the OP failed to mention was his intended use of his rifle after a trigger change. By this I mean , PRS match's , some form of bench rest, informal paper punching or steel banging , hunting , ect.
What I have found is that if I owned only one rifle that the trigger tuning or replacement would be a simple task. Add one more rifle and the task is still a simple "sameie sameie" Take both of these weapons to the range and there is no problem. BUT , like most of us there might be a true BR rifle with it's 2 oz trigger plus a couple of AR's and even with "TriggerTech" triggers , they break at about 1.5 Lbs.
So , OP a few more details might be helpful ?

Dave Hoback
03-11-2024, 08:05 PM
What the OP failed to mention was his intended use of his rifle after a trigger change. By this I mean , PRS match's , some form of bench rest, informal paper punching or steel banging , hunting , ect.
What I have found is that if I owned only one rifle that the trigger tuning or replacement would be a simple task. Add one more rifle and the task is still a simple "sameie sameie" Take both of these weapons to the range and there is no problem. BUT , like most of us there might be a true BR rifle with it's 2 oz trigger plus a couple of AR's and even with "TriggerTech" triggers , they break at about 1.5 Lbs.
So , OP a few more details might be helpful ?

Shooter, this is actually an old thread. It was only brought back up & responded to because GunShack started stocking the Savage Target Accutriggers & Sears, after I contacted them asking if they’d order the parts for me. Read post #14, which is Lance from GunShack resurrecting the thread to tell of this. He & Noemi both post on under that same handle. Because us regular folk could not get these parts (especially the Sears), it’s a big deal.

I’m sure the OP figured something out from October of last year.

KMW1954
03-11-2024, 09:19 PM
Oly Bat Dip. Just 4 days. My trigger parts arrived today!
Great job Gun Shack!!!

Dave Hoback
03-11-2024, 09:54 PM
Oly Bat Dip. Just 4 days. My trigger parts arrived today!
Great job Gun Shack!!!

Yeah man, GunShack don’t play around with shipping! I. Had my parts in like 3 days! Makes you wonder when ordering from some of these other retailers, spending $10, $15… sometimes $20+ on shipping, and then the part(s) taking a week or longer. As someone who sips things often and knows the fees fairly well, many places are making a killing overcharging for shipping.

Congrats on getting a Target Trigger KMW. Sounds like you’re as elated as I am.:becky: Glad for you guys as for myself.