PDA

View Full Version : savage 10 target with target trigger with red blade

rebs
05-01-2024, 01:55 PM
savage 12 target with target trigger with red blade

I am having a problem with light strikes on the primer and the red blade locking up and cannot be pulled.
Would this be a trigger problem or a bolt problem?

Rocketvapor
05-01-2024, 02:15 PM
You might need to check this (with dummy rounds) out of the stock.
By "red blade locking up and cannot be pulled" you mean you can't pull the blade?

Check for free movement out of the stock. If the sear has tripped it could be resting on the blade.
Bolt cocks on open resetting the sear.

You can SEE this with the action out of the stock.

rebs
05-01-2024, 04:42 PM
just once in a while I cannot pulll the red blade, I have to lift the bolt and close then it will pull

pdog06
05-01-2024, 05:13 PM
For the blade locking issue, Adjust the trigger to add about a half turn of pull weight, then try again. If it still does it add another half turn.
It also means that when you pull the trigger blade back you probably have some sideways movement, which trips the trigger. This is what it is designed to do. It isnt necessarily a problem with the trigger. More of you just not pulling it straight back. Adding the pull weight helps this somewhat. When it does it a quick lift up of the bolthandle and redrop will reset the trigger.
You will sometimes also see the light primer strikes when this occurs. Again this is how it is designed to happen. Anything but straight back movement on the trigger and it locks the sear from firing the round.

pdog06
05-01-2024, 05:16 PM
Almost forgot. You could also buy some trigger shims from Gunshack. Adding them will limit a lot of the sideways movement in the trigger and will help with this issue as well.