PDA

View Full Version : Posting Images

drone
06-03-2024, 06:30 AM
Has any thought been given to addressing the methodology of posting images.
I both lack and do not want the ability to follow the current system for posting images which detracts from my messages,after all a picture is worth a 1000 words but not having to process a few hundred to achieve this.
I'm sorry if I rock the boat but the system software is out there to simplify this action and I'd hate to turn my back on the forum as it has so much to offer me information wise, one of the pluses of moving on from the current system is that images won't be cut off when the poster ceases paying his/her subscription to the relevant software a few years down the line.
Just saying.

PhilC
06-03-2024, 09:29 AM
Free picture hosting sites are simple and easy to use. As a Team Savage member I can direct upload to the forum database but prefer imgBB, a free pic hosting site.

Direct picture uploads are only available to Team Savage members - https://www.savageshooters.com/payments.php

J.Baker
06-10-2024, 11:13 AM
It's not a matter of capability, it's a matter of bandwidth and storage space. Both cost money, so only those who actively contribute to the site by being paid members get the privilege to upload directly.

LDSILLS
06-11-2024, 08:45 AM
It's not a matter of capability, it's a matter of bandwidth and storage space. Both cost money, so only those who actively contribute to the site by being paid members get the privilege to upload directly.

I did not know that...would it be better to post smaller pictures to help out the site?

J.Baker
06-17-2024, 09:35 AM
Doesn't hurt. The site will automatically scale it down on the display size so as not to break the page layout, but it doesn't alter the actual image file size when doing so. I generally resize mine down to 1200 or 1600 pixels wide (landscape orientation) and then save at medium resolution rather than high to keep the file size smaller.

PhilC
06-18-2024, 09:46 AM
I generally resize mine down to 1200 or 1600 pixels wide (landscape orientation) and then save at medium resolution rather than high to keep the file size smaller.
I do similar, 1024x768, but for here, and a few others, I mostly use imgBB with thumbnail link to full size.