PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding parts

Midmo
06-06-2024, 07:28 PM
Hey all,
I bought a model 12 action (top bolt release)without a trigger and safety. I didn’t think much of it not having the parts. I bought a rifle basix trigger for it and then started looking for the sear, and safety. So far I have had no such luck. There is a target sear on gun shack and that is it. I called Savage and they won’t sell this directly to customers they said it has to go to a gun smith. Our local gunsmith is out for an unknown time with health issues. Does anyone know where else to get these parts? I have tried MidwayUsa, Brownells, Gun Shack, and Northland Shooters Supply. This is my first Savage.

AZ_GUN_NUT
06-06-2024, 08:49 PM
Email me, I may have what you need

jjbovenzi@gmail.com

PhilC
06-07-2024, 10:26 AM
Does anyone know where else to get these parts?
Can get them on Ebay, several complete trigger assemblies currently listed.

Redtriever
06-11-2024, 10:00 AM
New member here, might look at Numrich as another option.
I ran into the Savage Gunsmith wall myself, was a bit of a struggle but finally found what I needed.

pdog06
06-11-2024, 10:26 AM
The target sear that Gunshack has listed should work for you. Then you’d only need the safety. For that(or both) you might have to just get a gunsmith or ffl order the parts for you from Savage. If you call Savage and give them your serial number they may give you the part numbers for what you need. That would make the ffl/smiths work much easier to know exactly what to order.

lskok
06-11-2024, 10:41 AM
The target sear that Gunshack has listed should work for you. Then you’d only need the safety. For that(or both) you might have to just get a gunsmith or ffl order the parts for you from Savage. If you call Savage and give them your serial number they may give you the part numbers for what you need. That would make the ffl/smiths work much easier to know exactly what to order.

Gun Shack has the Savage 3-posision safety bar now: https://www.gunshack.com/savage-3-posistion-safety-bar
Also the safety thumb piece: https://www.gunshack.com/savage-3-position-safety-thumb-piece

I only have one left in stock, but more on order.

pdog06
06-11-2024, 12:52 PM
There ya go! Gunshack coming thru with the goods again! Thanks for seeing what us users need and making them available for us! I recommend you guys on every site I go on when someone is looking for parts!

lskok
06-11-2024, 12:57 PM
There ya go! Gunshack coming thru with the goods again! Thanks for seeing what us users need and making them available for us! I recommend you guys on every site I go on when someone is looking for parts!
Thank you!!

Redtriever
06-12-2024, 01:56 PM
If I had only known about Gunshack before.... Could've saved a lot of time for myself, its on the permanent now.... Thank You Guys

Shotinthedark
06-13-2024, 11:47 PM
I'm converting a bottom release to a top release currently after installing my 110SA into a MDT field stock
The configuration they have is a cheap piece of shit plastic piece that is sloppy and has a lil spring and roll pin
that does NOT align properly with the arm on the sear ...it holds the sear back too far and will not allow the trigger
to reset ...

After talking to MDT they said they would make it right ....but I looked it over and know it's a shit design and
should never be integrated into the trigger function at all.....

I have ordered an Elftmann trigger and GUNShack sent out a top release sear today (TY ) they shipped instantly
very much appreciated ...

I will take the receiver and drop it on the Bridgeport and mill a flat for the proper clearance ...
I don't want anything interfering with the sear ...

My first Savage build ..I have to say , NEVER again ..these things are garbage
The trigger alone and the sear and how they incorporate the bolt release into that is
the most irresponsible bunch of dumb ass engineering I've ever seen.

I'll stick to my Tikka's ...

pdog06
06-14-2024, 08:02 AM
You should just sell the Savage stuff and cut your losses and spend it on your tikkas. But yet you’re still buying parts. Once you get it all done you will have a great rifle.

Kind of hard to blame MDT for trying to accommodate the bottom release. Atleast they’re trying. Some of them(Magpul for one) just have a slot to stick a screwdriver in to slide the release arm back….Savage is the one who changed the design for really no reason other than aesthetics. There was nothing wrong with the top release design, and they still make it and use it on their tactical and target models anyway. Gets hard for aftermarket companies to keep up with the changes after a while.

Milling the side of the action will be a necessity if you wanna change it to a top release. Probably better to just get a top release action.

PhilC
06-14-2024, 09:13 AM
I'm converting a bottom release to a top release currently after installing my 110SA into a MDT field stock
The configuration they have is a cheap piece of shit plastic piece that is sloppy and has a lil spring and roll pin
that does NOT align properly with the arm on the sear ...it holds the sear back too far and will not allow the trigger
to reset ...

After talking to MDT they said they would make it right ....but I looked it over and know it's a shit design and
should never be integrated into the trigger function at all.....

I have ordered an Elftmann trigger and GUNShack sent out a top release sear today (TY ) they shipped instantly
very much appreciated ...

I will take the receiver and drop it on the Bridgeport and mill a flat for the proper clearance ...
I don't want anything interfering with the sear ...

My first Savage build ..I have to say , NEVER again ..these things are garbage
The trigger alone and the sear and how they incorporate the bolt release into that is
the most irresponsible bunch of dumb ass engineering I've ever seen.

I'll stick to my Tikka's ...
You joined Savage Shooter's 2 days ago and both your posts are negative about Savage and a Savage supplier. Try a different tack or you may find the exit.