PDA

View Full Version : Stock Exchange

KMW1954
06-09-2024, 01:45 PM
Not the Dow Jones!

A couple months ago I purchased a 110 Switchback in 6ARC that was told had a very low round count. So after I received it I shot some factory Hornady Black thru it and was disappointed. Shooting it from a Bipod I could see the stock deflect. From there I swapped stocks with my Model 11 which had a Boyd's At-One Thumbhole.

While doing this I noticed that the action screws didn't match up very well and also that the magazine was putting pressure on the receiver/bolt. Have since shimmed the bottom metal to move the magazine down. But have not rebedded the action.

So my question is how much of an impact could this misfitting stock be having on the accuracy of this rifle. For now I believe I am going to put the original stock back on and try shooting this again.

charlie b
06-09-2024, 05:10 PM
Yes, it does, but, sometimes not much difference if you are shooting a sporter. FYI, my Axis went from 3/4" groups to 1/2" groups when I put on the Boyd's stock (yes, it fit well). But, some of that was my improvement in shooting and a better rest as well.