PDA

View Full Version : Another yote

Fjold
06-10-2024, 07:58 AM
I'll put it in the correct section this time.

I got another one yesterday afternoon while my neighbor was baling my hay. He was standing in the brush line over the creek right where I killed the other one. Wifezilla watched the hit from the living room window but he fell down the creek bank. I wasn't going down there since the ticks are really bad this spring.

The same model 10 22.250AI

Taidog1
06-10-2024, 12:51 PM
I'll put it in the correct section this time.

I got another one yesterday afternoon while my neighbor was baling my hay. He was standing in the brush line over the creek right where I killed the other one. Wifezilla watched the hit from the living room window but he fell down the creek bank. I wasn't going down there since the ticks are really bad this spring.

The same model 10 22.250AI

Nice shooting Frank. May I ask - is your scope MIL or MOA? Thanks.

Fjold
06-12-2024, 09:17 AM
Nice shooting Frank. May I ask - is your scope MIL or MOA? Thanks.

That gun has a Burris Fullfield MOA/MOA scope with a ranging reticle. I don't use the ranging feature since I have all my pasture's ranged already. I think that all of my scopes, Leupolds, Nightforce, Weaver, Burris, etc. are all MOA. I tend to think MOA so I naturally tend to buy that way. I bought a set of Leica, laser range finding binoculars and set it up for American units because all my range charts are set up in yards. I can convert metric to imperial instantly in my head so even when I hunt overseas, it's not an issue.

Taidog1
06-12-2024, 08:57 PM
That gun has a Burris Fullfield MOA/MOA scope with a ranging reticle. I don't use the ranging feature since I have all my pastures ranged already. I think that all of my scopes, Leupolds, Nightforce, Weaver, Burris, etc. are all MOA. I tend to think MOA so I naturally tend to buy that way. I bought a set of Leica, laser range finding binoculars and set it up for American units because all my range charts are set up in yards. I can convert metric to imperial instantly in my head so even when I hunt overseas, it's not an issue.

Better man than me Frank. Long time English major.....I can do it.......provided I have my phone / calculator with me. Not likely I'll be doing that in the field when Wiley shows up.

I've pretty much decided to use the MOA scope I have and set up a DOPE chart calibrated to my hash marks for hold-overs from 350 to 700 yards. The 87 gr V Max and Sierra 85 gr BTHP are both showing a lot of promise with IMR 4350. I'm planning on starting that work at the range asap when work & family time allows.

We had to postpone our Coyote hunt in the NW - anxious to get that scheduled again. If we could find a good guide in the Midwest...my friend and I would be open to changing locations.

Cheers!