PDA

View Full Version : Base/rings for Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 on Savage 116 LA

captainjoe
05-29-2011, 01:40 PM
After hours and hours of research, I have decided to purchase a Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 for my Savage 116 300 Win Mag. Does anyone have a suggestion of what brand of base and rings I should buy for this? I plan to put Butler Creek caps on.

geargrinder
05-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Burris Xtreme bases with Signature Zee rings.

If you need to take your scope on and off I'd go with a Weaver Tactical base and Warne Maxima QD rings.

GaCop
05-30-2011, 07:29 AM
You'll love the Zee rings. Once you try them you won't want to use anything else.

helotaxi
05-30-2011, 11:34 AM
I wasn't too impressed with the Zee rings. The Signature Zee ring...now that a whole different story ;)

You may have to go with a 1-piece base or offset 2-piece mount the scope. Whether you need to or not using a 1-piece will give you a lot more mounting flexibility. I used the EGW bases for a bit but recently got a Weaver tactical base. The two are very similar but the Weaver has full profile slots and a recoil lug for about $10 less. The recoil lug was what first attracted me. For a magnum rifle that might become a more important consideration.

GaCop
05-30-2011, 02:22 PM
I wasn't too impressed with the Zee rings. The Signature Zee ring...now that a whole different story ;)

You may have to go with a 1-piece base or offset 2-piece mount the scope. Whether you need to or not using a 1-piece will give you a lot more mounting flexibility. I used the EGW bases for a bit but recently got a Weaver tactical base. The two are very similar but the Weaver has full profile slots and a recoil lug for about $10 less. The recoil lug was what first attracted me. For a magnum rifle that might become a more important consideration.

Your right, I should have clarified that.