The reason I alway recommend the Lee kit is to people who want to start out is because this may not be something they continue with. If they decide its not a hobby they want to continue, they can just box the stuff up and be out less than 100 buck. If you start with the 300 dollar kit you have just wasted a lot more money, or you can sell the stuff. But, for me, I dont want to be hassled with selling something, especially if I decided I did not enjoy it in the first place. That is adding insult to injury.

Then, if you want to continue with loading as a hobby, you are going to spend so much more than the initial kit cost, that it will not even be a consideration of the money you spend on tools and supplies a few years down the road. I made a deal with myself, I added a RCBS rockchucker press only after I loaded 1000 rounds. I still have the lee press for decapping and also still use the scale and powder measure.

I dont have any issue with the Lee scale operation at all. But, I dont weigh things, I add powder to a pile until it reaches a set weight. Big difference there.

I think the powder measure is flimsy, but, 2000 strokes later it is still going strong and very repeatable.

The Lee kit is a great way to test the waters. You dont need a brick shithouse if you are just going to use it once and then move on.