Quote Originally Posted by LDSILLS View Post
I do not know what Sharpshooter's schedule is but look how much time you have spent so far. By the time you return your old head and get the new version of the PTG Savage 10/110 bolt heads plus lug truing... Fred and Lisa might be able to turn bolt and action around. When you get it back you will have satisfaction knowing its it is done better than factory and withouth the hassle of swapping your head for a PTG head. Might cost more but its worth it.
My factory bolt head is junk, has been since day one. It's always has issues with off center firing pin strikes and ejecting/dropping extracted rounds in the mag well. The new PTG head instantly fixed both problems using the old parts (extractor/spring/detent ball, ejector/spring). I'd need a new bolt head, I'm not re-using the old one.

Question: other than appearance, what harm is there in the cratered primers shown with my PTG bolt head? I'm not chasing hot loads, and I'm using temp stable powder (IMR 8208 XBR). It could be an issue with high pressure loads, but not necessarily?