Thread: former SP members please check this out

Team Savage

former SP members please check this out

**Edited to add: Pardon the box of .25cal/115s in the photo. I still have 8 boxes of the 6.5/120s. But the 115s are available also if anyone wants them. Same price as the 120 grain BTs.)

I didn’t want to put this in the general classifieds as I want to first offer these to the original SP family.
    In going through some stuff, I’ve unearthed eight boxes of Nosler 6.5mm 120 grain Ballistic Tips that I didn’t realize I had. I know that for a long while, they were very hard to find. I did check Midway, and their price is 34.99 plus tax and shipping. I didn’t pay anywhere near that for these and – according to the averages of the receipts I found – have about $27 in each box. That’s all I’d ask for these. (They are all recent production, bought within the past couple years and still factory-sealed.)

I also have two spare sealed boxes of Barnes 6.5mm 115 grain Tac-TX. These were designed for the modest speeds of the Grendel and have done beautifully for me in both a 6.5 BRM and 6.5 Bullberry, not to mention in a 6.5 CM bolt rifle. I got these on sale and only have about $35 in each box, so that is what I will offer each of them for.

USPS shipping would be $10 for up to four boxes or $16 for anything over four.

You can post here, PM or e-mail me. My e-mail has been the same since I first got one in the 90s, and most of you have it. But if not: btomekATgvecDOTnet. Paypal f-f is the easiest for me and much preferred, but I can make a check, m/o or cash work if need be. Thanks.

Team Savage
    Bobby I will take those Barnes 115s off your hands

Team Savage
    Thanks! The Barnes bullets are yours. I'll get them mailed Monday and will send you tracking once I print the postage.

Team Savage
    Sunny-I still caught the mailman this morning, so they are on the way. Tracking sent in a PM.

Team Savage
    Eight boxes of 6.5/120 grain BTs and one box of 25 cal/115 grain BTs remain. $27 per box plus shipping.

Team Savage
    I'll leave this up for another day or so. If no takers, I'll keep them for a rainy day, so to speak.

I'll take the 25s...shoot me a message or text or call.
    Thanks
    J A

Team Savage
    They're yours. Thanks!

Team Savage
    One last try to see if anyone needs the 6.5/120s grain BTs...

Basic Member
    That's a good price and great to offer to the old SP members. I would have been all over the 6.5's but when I checked my loading room I have about the same number as you are selling and I've been trying to restrain from buying just because.

Team Savage
    Thanks, Bruce. I really thought someone may have grabbed these at $27 a box, but maybe they aren't as hard to find as they were a while back. I don't mind holding on to them; I just figured some folks may still be looking these, and -- realistically -- I certainly have more than I need.

I plan to try them in my .260 XP, I just haven't done so yet. If I knew I could use them I would. I still have some leftover from an earlier project. Good price for sure!
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Team Savage
    Bob-
    If your XP doesn't like them, don't forget about the somewhat new Sierra 120 grain Tipped. So far, the prices on these are really good (my last batch was something like 30.99 per hundred), but I expect them to go back up like other Sierra bullets before long. Designed for Grendel velocities, they'd do very well in a .260 XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Tomek View Post
    Bob-
    If your XP doesn't like them, don't forget about the somewhat new Sierra 120 grain Tipped. So far, the prices on these are really good (my last batch was something like 30.99 per hundred), but I expect them to go back up like other Sierra bullets before long. Designed for Grendel velocities, they'd do very well in a .260 XP.
    That's another one on the radar as well!
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

I plan on trying the Sierra’s in my 6.5 JDJ.

Team Savage
    My limited experience with them has been nothing but positive so far.