Hello,

I've wandered around several sites and don't quite find an answer to my problem...

I recently purchased a 1907 S/N 764** from 1910 to 1917 as it was described. Good condition (90%?), replacement mag with holes for either release type, dirty and appears to have been fired then stored. It seemed to dry function OK and I disassembled on the dining room table with laptop YouTube help. I left the plastic grips on and the fire control assembly together but sprayed, swabbed and scrubbed the parts.

I erred thinking I could reassemble without more help... I have all the parts in place and the slide started on the receiver but it's binding (full stop) about and inch or so forward. Bolt, firing pin control assembly of course not in place.

I can't move/remove the slide and barrel but there is some movement with (too much) force. There seems to be more or less movement depending on whether the trigger is depressed or not.

I presume this is a common error and I haven't wrecked the old guy - what can you tell me?

Thanks